Our First Letter

Hey love! This is going to be hard because what do you tell a woman you have told everything to. Do you show her a rose and compare the blush on her cheek to the red petals? Do you gaze into her eye and compare them to a clear night sky in the country side? Or do you tell her that your heart skips a beat every time the phone goes off and you see that it's from her... From you? That every waking moment is longing for the touch of your skin and the feel of your lips against mine, do you tell her? Can you compare the rising of the sun to when you wake up and look at her serene face? Can you tell her how when she says "I love you" that your hear goes racing and you feel like it's going to beat right out of your chest?

The problem is that you can't. For the fear that she will leave you, find another, maybe be a little more happy. You can't tell her that losing her means losing the world because it makes you look weak. That's the problem. Everyone is too afraid that one wrong phrase is going to kill it, that one wrong move will end the relationship. God forbid that a man has feelings. That's why I lay it bare for you. So you can see all of me. And if you take it, maybe you deserve me and I deserve you. That's why I say I love you. Not just with my heart but with every fiber of my being, of my soul. I want thank you for being there for me in the past, present and future. And know that I will always love you.

Always sincerely yours,

Kevin L Pascoe