Chapter 2 All Because of You

Chapter 2

† Daniel †

That summer, with Mia, had to be the best summer of my life. Her smile made me feel better, her laugh brightened up my day, I never thought about any other girl except her. And I ruined it, all because of Lexi. That bitch!

Lexi Suarez was my ex-girlfriend. She was the definition of bitch. She was the cliché, popular, mean, cheerleader girl. Lexi bullied anyone and everyone that was either a girl or less popular than her. I hated that about her and I couldn’t take her cruelty anymore, so I dumped her ass in front of the entire school. We had just won a big football game, and she was making out with one of my teammates. I got fed up with her and just dumped her right there in front of everybody. Funny thing was that I saw Mia, standing there in the crowd, looking at us and smiling the entire time. She stared at me for a while until her friend pulled her along. That was the first time I’d actually seen her. I never really saw her before because I could never find her. She was always in the art room or the music room with her friend. Sometimes during lunch, I would stand by the door and listen to her and her friend sing. Mia would play guitar and sing, and her friend would sing with her.

Mia’s so talented. She’s sweet, beautiful, and she’s all that a guy could ever ask for. All I want is to go back to the summer and just spend more time with her.

“Hey, Dan! Wait up, man!” Ryan yelled and I jumped because of the unexpected call. “Let’s walk and talk, dude. How was your summer? You get any ass?”

“Yeah man, you know it!” I lied. I didn’t want him thinking I was off my game. But, I didn’t want any ass. All I wanted was to be with Mia, to hang out with her, take her on dates like I used to do. I just wanted to be with her and not care about any other girl but her.

“Do I know the girl or girls?” he nudged me in the arm with a stupid grin on his face.

“Maybe you do, maybe you don’t. I’ll just leave it at that.” I laughed and walked to my locker.

“Alright man, whatever. Anyways, what class you going to now?”

“Science, man. I have Mr. Baldwin” I sighed. Mr. Baldwin was like a hormonal pregnant woman. His mood swings were out of control and, to be honest, I was scared for and of him.

I was about to go in, but that’s when I saw her. She was coming my way, so I decided to walk towards her. I hadn’t seen her all day. She didn’t even look at me, so I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into an empty janitor’s closet, since it was the closest room that I could grab.

Seeing her up close, I noticed that her eyes were puffy and her nose was red. Was I the cause of her crying? Well, duh! I was the only one to ever hurt her like that. “Mia, talk to me! You know that I’m sorry. You have to let me explain.”

“I can’t right now, Daniel. So if you don’t mind, I have a science class to get to. Anyways, what she said wasn’t anything but true, and won’t ever change. She suffered and you left her.” I could tell that she was very hurt, just by looking in her eyes. I could always tell her every emotion just by looking into those big, bright blue and beautiful eyes. “I trusted you and you broke that trust.”

She didn’t even look at me. I could see the tears building up in her eyes. I hated being the reason why she cried. It made me want to punch myself right in the family jewels.

“All I’m saying is that I need time to think things through.” A tear had escaped and I mentally punched myself. She deserved someone who didn’t make her cry, who would wipe her tears away then make her laugh until her side hurt. So, I nodded my head and let her go. She started to walk off, but she passed the science room. That’s when she started to run. I watched her round the corner and then she was gone. I just stood there. I didn’t chase after her; I didn’t grab her by the arm, then spin her around and kiss her. Instead, I just let her go.