Chapter 5 Operation: The Truth Will Be Revealed

Chapter 5

† Daniel †

I held onto her hand grasping it tightly in my hand. I walked through the halls dragging her along behind me to the one place I knew we could talk in quiet.

The halls weren’t almost empty, except for the few students that ran by to get to the soon closing classroom doors and the couples that never wanted to leave each other’s mouths. I so badly wanted to scream what my conscience was already screaming.

GET A ROOM!

No one seemed to noticed Mia and I walking through the halls. I mean we were so very visible to the eye, rather than it being flooded by swarms of other teenagers. With the hallways being so empty, I realized that the school was actually really big. With it being so big, I managed to get myself lost. Having spent 4 years here made it really embarrassing only because girls want a guy who’s good at directions, or some shit like that, right?

What I also noticed was that I still had Mia’s hand in mine. I was curious why she didn’t pull away yet. Not like I wanted her to pull away, because there was something about our hands being intertwined that felt right. It made me feel like our hands were supposed to be like this forever.

Man, grow a pair!

I pushed that thought aside.

I kept hold of her hand and pulled her until I was able to see the Shadowland.

The Shadowland is a place established many years ago by a senior who was the king of flirting. The Shadowland was underneath the bleachers. He would take his “victims” here, and then he would do his thing. Teachers had this place under watchful eye during class time. However, every once in a while, a lucky student (or students) would be able to make it to the Shadowland and not get caught. At lunch, since the teachers seemed to not care about us at lunch time because it was there break from us, it was a free-for-all in the Shadowland. The loners ate lunch in the corner, the popular people made out against the fence, and the stoners smoked up.

We walked past a few stoners who just couldn’t stop laughing and eating. Next, we walked past Sarah and Matt, cheerleader and linebacker, making out, on the verge of getting all the way.

‘Atta boy Matt!

I smiled, pretending that that was me and Mia. However, I’d do it better than Matt, because I would push her up against the fence, then kiss her perfectly soft lips passionately. I’d pull her body closer to me, so there was no space between us. She would run her hands through my hair just like she always did and I would start to move my lips down towards her neck. She would move her head and her beautiful blonde hair to the side, making it easier for me to access her neck. I would trail my kisses down to her chin, then her cheek, moving towards her ear, and down to her neck. She would moan and I would smile. Slowly I would move my lips back up to meet hers. I’d kiss her lips with more force this time. “I love y–“

Suddenly, I felt my body being jerked backwards as I came back to the real world.

“Hey, what was that for?!” I screamed angrily.

She looked at me confused, “You were about to walk into that pole.” She nodded her head, signaling me to turn around and when I looked I saw a pole about a foot in front of my face.

“Oh, thanks, I guess.” How can I be so stupid?

Pay attention next time, man!

Stupid conscience!

I pulled her to the upside-down crates. I put my jacket on top of one so she didn’t have to sit on something as dirty as these things. She sat down and as soon as she did, I sat down. I rubbed my hands on my legs nervously. It’s been a while since we last talked. She kept staring at her feet, the ground, and everywhere else but me. Please look at me, Mia, please! She started to lift her head up. Her sparkling bluish-green eyes were making her way up towards mine. I lifted my hand out to her chin and raised her head. Her gaze finally met mine. I smiled at her, but she pushed my hand back down. She was still upset.