Chapter 2

Lisa POV

As I arrived at Katherine's house, I began thinking. I still want to have a child. I don't want to wait until I find another guy who is right for me. I don't want to wait until I get married again. Maybe I could adopt a kid. Make one child's life a little easier and mine a little more fun. My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on my car window. I looked out to see Katherine standing in the middle of the street. I quickly got out of my car and stood next to her.

"Kath get back inside. You aren't supposed to be standing let alone walking into the middle of the street." I told her, but she just rolled her eyes.

"Come on Lisa. I'm not paralyzed. I can walk around. I'm fine. You're the one I'm worried about." she explained.

"You are due to have a baby in three weeks. I don't want you to endanger my niece's life." I told her.

"Let's just go inside instead of arguing." she said and I agreed. We walked up to her front door and I took off my shoes once I got inside. Katherine did the same. We walked into her living room and sat down on the couch. There were two cups of tea sitting on the coffee table. I picked one up and took a drink.

"So what is it that you need to talk to me about?" Katherine asked, breaking the silence.

"Well it's just that today Liam took all of his things and I live alone now. It's just hard to accept that it's all over. You know?" I explained to her. She nodded her head.

"I understand Lisa, but you need to let Liam go. He changed and he isn't worth it anymore." she said.

"I know, but I'm all alone and my house is lonely and I have no one to talk to and I have no job and no college education. I'm going to fail my life." I said, starting to cry. Katherine pulled me into a hug.

"Lisa, you are never alone. You have five sisters who will always be there for you and if you ever need to talk to anyone, we are just one call away. You will not fail your life. If you need money help then just ask. I will be happy to help you find a job and get you money." Katherine said. I just started crying. I can't take money from my pregnant sister. She needs all of the money for her daughter. I mean she is right that I will never be alone mentally, but now I am always physically alone. Katherine continues to comfort me until I stop crying.

"Thank you Kath, but I don't need any money from you." I told her.

"Lisa, I can get you a job. I'm sure Luke can find something for you in his office. Someone is always looking for an assistant there. You can start with that." she told me.

"I really am thankful for you Kath. If Luke can find anything, I will take it. I was thinking about how I am lonely in my house and I think I should find someone to live with me." I said.

"Ooh, like a room mate? That could be fun." she exclaimed.

"I was thinking more of like a child. Maybe adopting one." I suggested.

"Oh. Are you sure Lisa?" she asked.

"I really wanted to have a daughter and I don't want to wait. Is it a bad idea? I still have money left in an account that mom and dad made when I was five. There should be a lot of money in that. I could use it for the kid." I explained.

"If this is what you really want, then I will support you." she said.

"Thank you Kath." I said.

"Of course. And I will tell you when Luke finds a job." she said.

"Okay, bye." I said, walking out the door. I have made my decision. I am adopting a child right now. I got in my car and drove straight to the closest orphanage, which was only about ten minutes away. As soon as I got there, I got out and went into the doors. There were a lot of children, young and old. I walked up to a desk and saw a middle aged woman with a name tag that said Karly.

"Hello." I greeted her.

"Good afternoon. Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, my name is Lisa and I was looking to maybe adopt a young girl today." I told her.

"Well we have a few girls here that are under five, then we have three that are older than ten. We also have one girl, Molly, who is being fostered." she told me.

"Can I see a picture of her?" I asked.

"Sure." she responded. She went under the desk and got out a file. It was labeled Molly, aged 7. She pulled out a photo and instantly I knew that she was the girl for me.

"I want to meet her." I said.

"I can go and get her today if you want." she said. I nodded and gave her my address. Karly told me that she would get Molly and be at my house in an hour. I would be able to foster her for a day. After that, if Molly wanted to stay then I could adopt her. I am so excited. I walked back out of the building and to my car. I quickly drove home and walked inside. I wet into every room to make sure they were clean. I went into the guest room and made sure that it looked comfortable enough for Molly to sleep in. After I was done, I pulled out my phone and texted Katherine that I was going to adopt this girl. She replied with congratulations and that she wanted to meet her. I checked the clock and noticed that it had been an hour. I was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. I rushed downstairs and opened the front door. I saw Karly and beside her was Molly holding a small bag. She was looking down at the ground. She looked so perfect. I need her in my life.

"Welcome. Come in." I said. They came inside. I shut the door and looked at Karly.

"Well she is yours for the night and if it goes alright then you can adopt her. Molly if you want to come back then call me." Karly said then let herself out. I walked over to Molly.

"Welcome home Molly." I said.

A/N--What do you think? Will Molly like it at Lisa's house. I hope so. I also am going to try and update whenever I can, but at least once a week.

QOTD: Favorite Band?

A: obviously Cimorelli, but I also like Fifth Harmony