Abby Gose Home

Adam follows Abby out of the school holding his face because where Abby hit him in the face is hurting him so freaking bad that he's on the verge of crying but he doesn't want to seem weak in front of Abby and because his dad always tells him that men don't cry and if they do they're not worth his time and Adam always hated when his dad said that to him.

As Abby gets into her mother's car Adam can see out of the corner of his eye the man with a knife running toward the car and jumps in the car and slams the car door behind him before the man with a knife can reach Abby and he sits in the seat next to her and holds her hand with his and Abby can feel his fingers trembling underneath her hand like he wants to punch something or someone and Abby hopes that he doesn't want to punch her. 

Abby looks at Adams trembling hands as her mother drives them home Abby looks at Adam with concern in her eyes and asks "What's wrong Adam you look like you want to punch something or someone?" and with asking the question she waits for an answer.

Adam looks at Abby just as they reach Abby's house and he whispers in her ear "I saw the man with a knife running toward the car ready to hurt you this time Abby," and with Adam saying that Abby slowly gets out of the car and runs into the house leaving Adam in the car.