IV

I will
run the streets red with my blood
fight until my last breath
If it means
another chance to hold you again

The rain continued to beat down on the three young men as they hid behind the walls of a building their body crouched low, hiding themselves out of sight from the Niflheim troops who were parading down the streets, their weaponry clutched tightly in their metal fingers as they searched through their helmets for the sight of any survivors. Watch lights were sweeping through the ruble, their bulbs acting as eyes as they scanned for any sight of intruders or attempts of escape. They needed to get the underground tunnels where the rest of the evacuated citizens were being kept in safety. However that was almost impossible with the amount of troops and watch lights  swarming the streets. If more than anything, they needed a distraction.

“I-I hope they don’t smell my fear.” Prompto sat behind them, quaking endlessly in his boots. His usual upbeat personality had become nothing but complete fear, as the horror almost paralyses him. Unlike Gladiolus, Ignis or Noctis, he wasn’t exposed or educated in such atrocities, sure he knew how to shoot a gun, but nothing could change the fact that he was still a normal city boy at heart.

“They will if you keep talking!” Gladiolus hissed.

“S-Sorry.” Prompto whispered back.

“What do we do Noct?” Ignis asked the young Prince. “Are we going to save [Name]?”

Noctis didn’t respond. Though still shaken by the fear of you being dead, the  young Princes eyes began to glow a crimson, filled with evident and uncontrollable rage. His hands curled into a vice grip fists causing his nails to dip deep into the palm of his hands--much like how the sight before him was cutting deep into his heart. He could still hear the loud blasting of guns, and the smell of smoke lingered in his nostrils, choking up his lungs.

“Ah!”

All three of the young men whipped their attention to the sound of the voice which belonged the the blonde who now had his hand covering over his mouth, his eyes were wide when he realised what he had done.

“You’re going to blow our cover you idiot!” Gladiolus snapped in a whisper.

“Sorry! I almost slipped!” Prompto slapped his hand over his mouth again when he realised how loud he was talking.

“Shhh!” Ignis sharply shushed the two from bickering.

However it was already too late, the Niflheim soldiers who were standing not far from where they were hiding had heard their voices.

“Hey, did you hear that?” one of them asked the other soldier who was standing beside him.

“I think it came from over there?” he replied. “Let’s go check it out.”

Noctis gritted his teeth and a curse left his mouth when he realised they had blown their cover. The Niflheim soldiers were now walking towards their hiding spot, and there was no way they were going to be able to escape without the chance of being immediately spotted. Noctis stuck his gloved hand out and the falchion appeared in his clutch in a burst of blue crystal dust. They had no choice now but to fight. Noctis’ body began to blow an electric blue and his friends immediately knew what he was thinking.