chapter 7

In Charlotte's bedroom, Darla looked around with wonder and smiles to her future grandmother's bedroom.

"Tia, honey, did you see the way he danced with me?" Charlotte gushed as she was putting on more make-up while she let Tiana borrow an icy blue dress with matching gloves to replace her old messy costume. "A marriage proposal can't be far behind. Thank you, Evening Star!"

Atticus soon knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come on, we're decent!" Charlotte called.

Atticus came in and looked around the room. "Wow, it looks like a little girl's fantasy in here."

"Oh, thank you, shugah." Charlotte giggled.

Cherry and Patch disguised as Darla then came in.

"You know," Charlotte laughed as she did her eyebrows. "I was starting to think that wishing on stars was just for babies and crazy people..." she then gasped as she saw her best friend's reflection in the mirror and turned at her. "Look at you. Aren't you just as pretty as a magnolia in May?"

Tiana didn't respond, she just walked with her head bowed and eyes shut, going toward the blonde woman's way.

"You look beautiful, Tiana." Atticus smiled.

"Seems like only yesterday we were both little girls dreaming our fairy tale dreams." Charlotte smiled as she placed a glittering tiara on Tiana's head from her vanity table.

Tiana looked a little miserable however.

"Uh, Charlotte, why don't you go back to the party?" Patch suggested. "We'll be right down with you."

"Alright, darling." Charlotte said.

Darla smiled, though stayed hidden.

"Wish me luck," Charlotte beamed as she left the room. "Oh, Naveen?~"

Tiana held out the paper that her father made for her as she looked quite miserable.

"Whoever outbid you must have been a jerk." Patch said in Darla's voice.

Tiana sighed as she came out to the balcony and the others followed, but kept their distance as she was very unhappy. She then looked up to the wishing star with a sigh. "I can't believe I'm doing this..." she whispered before pleading and wishing on the star like she did when she was little. She then opened her eyes and looked to see a frog on the balcony which made her deadpan. "Very funny..." she then gave an amused smile to the frog. "So what now? I bet you want a kiss."

"Kissing would be nice~" the frog replied in a suave voice.

Tiana, who could not talk to animals like the others could, screamed and backed away against Charlotte's shelf which made several books and stuffed animals fall out.

"Tiana, are you all right?" Darla asked from Atticus's pocket.

Tiana then screamed again.

"Was it something I said?" Darla pouted.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" the frog hopped in. "I didn't mean to scare you!"

Tiana began throwing things at the talking frogs and was freaking out.

"Wait! Stop! You have a very strong arm, Princess..." the frog said after Tiana threw a teddy bear with a tiny crown on its head.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Atticus and Patch, who changed back into his true form, said.

"Stay back or I'll! I'll!..." Tiana wielded one of Charlotte's books.

"Please! Listen!" the frog stepped over to her by the stool by the vanity. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Prince Naveen--"