Chapter 7 - Black Suit

Chapter 7

Black Suit

So much letters from my locker that the moment I opened my bag all I could see, was paper, everywhere.

Please, please, please be from just one guy.

I didn't want a lot of guys being added to Thomas' reject's list.

He just couldn't take a break from his bad boy appearance.

Though he wasn't really a bad guy, he was sweet in many ways and he certainly did not dress like the typical bad boy, his signature oufit was a plain white shirt, dark jeans, black vans and he had two small piercings on his left ear. He basically had three types of nationalities, American, Chinese and Filipino. Which made his appearance look more on the edge.

Time for the moment of truth, I opened the first letter,

It was from Peter.

He was well, one of the biggest nerds who was once my seat mate, we only had a few exchanges when I asked him about what "ephemeral" meant, something our teacher suddenly said.

For Peter, explaining was a whole lot different to him, he explained not only what it meant, but also the right and wrong usage, even the day it was discovered. I was seriously overloaded with tons of information for just one word that day, it was incredulous.

His message was short,

Would you go to USUS with me? Tell me your answer at lunch tomorrow.

Sighing I folded the paper and placed it back inside the white envelope.

Another envelope had a label that said

Kyla

I opened it up, it was from a guy named Ron, who in the world is Ron?

The letter inside was quite long,

Dear Kyla,

I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time now, I admire you. I never really expressed my admiration for anyone but since UCUS I could say I finally have a crush.

-Ron

Wait, isn't he gay?

The other's were well the written on a black paper. They were from well TJ. Whose TJ? Then I realized Thomas Jeremy Davis. Thomas was TJ.

Hey, might as well call him that, it suits him way better than Thomas. Thomas seems to be the type of name given to a sweet nice guy. Not a kind of sweet guy with a bad boy facade coming along. But I guess his mother never knew that he would turn out the way he is. So I don't blame her or whoever named him.

After scanning through all the papers I decided to get some air. I pushed a window open and breath. The air was cool and the sun was setting it was a sight to behold. Looking down I notice a ghost like figure behind a tree, I wasn't sure what it was but when green eyes went to look my way, I screamed. As if on cue someone barged in my room, it was Keith and he was holding a bat.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?" He half-yelled, his eyes was like saucers and he was in defense mode. It was odd to see him like this, but wait, he's always like this.

"Nothing!" I squeaked.

"K-k-kyla what's that on your face?" Keith stuttered.

He then came closer and said "Let me help you remove it." He said.

Then, "smack" he slapped my face with no mercy and walked away.

Rubbing my left cheek softly, I forgot about the green eyed ghost and slept.

~.~

Random Guy

When I saw Matt get rejected by Kyla's date TJ. I clenched the stuffed bear I was holding. I was hiding behind the lockers waiting for the right time to ask her to the University Night Out, but it turns out I lost my chance. I slammed my fists on the locker closest to me and cursed out loud throwing the stuffed bear in the process. F**k this.

I earned a couple of stares from the people around me, but I was to pissed to care. I felt crushed it didn't seem like a great idea to go to the dance anymore.

I decided to get some fresh air and I was coincidentally brought to Kyla's neighborhood. For the first time, I didn't feel comfort in the familiar neighborhood I felt cold and lonely. I felt like I was losing the battle to Kyla's heart.

~.~

Kyla's Point of View

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my chest. I had a feeling that this day wasn't going to be good. I guess it was just me and my little worrying mind but I knew by the back of my head I had to be cautious.

I composed myself in seconds and set out for the day. The sun wasn't helping my mood at all. Looking around the campus I tried to convince myself that everything is going to be ok.

A loud ringing sound made its way to my now calmed down ears, it took me away from my current dazed state and made me walk towards the campus walls. Jake was by my locker but the twins was nowhere in sight. When Jake and I were side by side he gave me a nudge and told me that they went ahead. For some reason I noticed that Jake wasn't in the best mood. He wasn't as cheerful as he was before which was a bit sad.

"What happened to mystery girl?"

"She ran off with another man."

I gave him a quizzical look, "What the hell are you talking about?"

He just winked and pointed towards Mrs. Diaz who was currently approaching us.

~.~

I woke up to the sound of rain and an alarm ringing to the tune Pocket Full of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield. Yawning loudly, I stretched my arms and legs and sat up on my bed to start the day. Hunting down the source of my wakened state I rummaged my room piece by piece. Finally getting hold of my phone that was still singing

I got a pocket full, got a pocket full of sunshine

I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh oh oh oh

Hitting on the stop button I begrudgingly looked at the time and date. It was eight twenty-six in the morning and it was Saturday. The day I had been dreading the whole week.

I freshened up for the day and went downstairs eat. I was greeted by my brother as he was going around the kitchen probably having an experiment called "Keith's What's for Breakfast?!" Every Saturday he just randomly whips up something in the kitchen, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, most of the times? It's terrible.

I sat on one of the tall dining chairs by the counter as I watch Keith run over to the oven then the stove and wherever. Silently I watched him, then I drifted to staring out the window.

~.~

I didn't get ready for Jay's so called "date". He was somewhat demanding and quite controlling. It's really not easy to deal with someone who has that kind of attitude.

The doorbell rang and I went down to open the door. Jay was standing looking as dashing as ever his blond hair all styled up and his green eyes sparkled where the light hit it. He was wearing a black tux to finish the look.

"I assume that you're not yet ready." It wasn't a question it was a statement or that's how it sounded like.

I nodded.

"Get ready or I'm going to bring you wearing...that." He challenged.

I knew it was possible for him to drag me around because after all he is a man. So I dressed up. I got a white sundress and white flats and combed my hair and set out. Jay then led me to his car and we drove off to who knows where.

We arrived in a place wherein I've never been. It had the most fantastic lights and the most elegant setting I've ever seen. He took me by the waist and brought me to the restaurant's VIP room. I stared at his black suit while we waited for the server to take our orders. A smudge of dark liquid was seen on his black tuxedo just right above his chest.