Myrkr's Return

Chapter 4

Myrkr's POV

I climb the building, my small fire going out of control behind me, I go in the window and wait. Hours later she walks in, half asleep, and completely unaware. I stand and pull her into a hug, she screams and before I can challenge it she kisses me. I pass out and fall back on the bed.

I wake hours later, still on the end of her bed, she is asleep, curled up, head on my shoulder. I get up carefully, grab Blákkr on my way out. When I walk into the dining room Andlét pulls Dreyri and holds the tip of its blade to my chest. "Who are you and how did you get into the building," he asks.

"My name is Myrkr, and I climbed through a bedroom window," I reply, calm dispite the quite obvious danger to my life.

"Myrkr, that cant be, you fell, to your death."

"Aha, I thought that may be the case, yes all of you thought that, but the wind, the wing like features on my suit, the water. So no, I survived and have been roaming." Its just at this moment that Vinr walks in. Her hair tied up and her gear on, steely glint in her eyes as she scans the room, but the steel is replaced by pure joy as she sees me. She runs over and takes Dreyri off Andlét, glaring at him. I walk and take a seat at the table, digging into the bacon and bread.

Andlét's POV

"Thankfully she is returning to normal, Myrkr's return has been doing wonders for us all," I remark to Melrakki, "I was at the point of hiring a cook so we wouldn't have to put up with Nótt's cooking anymore."

"Your right, its a shame to have to send them into action when their so happy," she responds, "but Myrkr isn't the young happy man that went after Dróttinn, he is holding back during sparing, still beating us all, but he is holding back."

"He always was the best of us."

"He never could win in a two on one, but he beat Vinr and I in a two on one."

"That would have been a sight to behold, you beaten, but I suppose you are right, he is different. We should talk to him about it tomorrow, but for now goodnight."

"Goodnight Andlét." I put out the candle and roll over.

Nótt's POV

I look at the roof, thinking. Three years, why would Myrkr take three years to return home. I wonder how long it will take before his relationship with Vinr goes deeper then comrades and friends. They have been together since they were fourteen, and if I am right, I did the right thing, even on accident those seventeen years ago.

Myrkr's POV

I lie there in bed shuddering, remembering the last time I slept in a bed. That fowl whore, how dare she even come near my door, let alone in my bed. I now know why Vinr stabbed the Bandit in the nuts, she would have had her way with me if not for my sword, which because of recent events was lying over my body. It quickly found a new sheath, the whores head. Vinr's breathing above me gave it away she was awake. "You need sleep," I whisper.

"I know, but you started shaking and got me worried," she whispers back.

"Just having bad memories."

"Would you like to share them to get them off your chest," she offers.

"Lets just say I now know why you stabbed the bandit in the nuts."

A sympathetic oh comes from above me. I start shaking again once I realise that she was crying, stand up and walk over and sit down on the arm chair. She gets out of bed and sits on my lap. We fall asleep on this manner.

Vinr's POV

I arise to find Melrakki sitting on the other chair, trying hard to contain a grin. I get off Myrkr, and walk into the hallway dragging Mel with me. "What were you doing in our room," I demand harshly.

"I only wanted to talk with Myrkr," so if you wouldnt mind, she tries to shove past me but I stop her.

"Any thing discussed with him I have the right to sit in on."

"No you dont," she stated firmly.

"Yes I do, so either wait for him to wake and ask him if I have the right or let me and wake him now, your choice." She stalks of obviously unhappy about the harsh treatment she had just been given? I walk back in to the room to find Myrkr sitting awake on the chair. He stands and mouths the words, thank you. I walk over and hug him, before going out to the dinning hall. About ten minutes later he follows all dressed and ready for battle.

Myrkr's POV

"Flashback" The light approaches, flickering with rainbow light. I step back, the light flies into my chest. I blink, the room wavering. "End of flashback"

I sit and wait, the others standing in tension. I pull Blákkr and ask weather Vinr and Mel would spar. We walk out the back, swords out. I jump forward and slash at Mel's head, she blocks and Vinr stabs. I swing my blade and disarm her, bringing my sword to her chin I whisper dead. Mel lunges and I parry, bringing my sword over hers, I smash it to the ground, I place Blákkr on her collar bone and whisper dead once more.

I walk back in and shake the sweat out of my forest green hair. I walk up to my room and open the bag, depositing its contense in the trunk that is labelled with my name. I take the separate pieces out and reassemble them, a brilliant weapon. The blade curves down ward, the shaft painted gold, a scythe. I spin its eloquent blade and rest it on top of the trunk. I lay my belt, still adorned with my daggers, sword and flute.