Chapter Twenty Seven

The Icy Beta: Chapter Twenty Seven

“Oh. It’s nothing. It’s just my new product – ‘The deathly’. It would detach his wolf away from him. A werewolf wouldn’t be able to live without his wolf. It will be a slow painful death.” Robert Miller started laughing evilly as he headed out of the underground. Even after he left, his laughter continued to echo through the cell walls.

I moved myself to sit in the dark. Both of my eyes were staring blankly into the space. Tears were flowing out from my eyes. I didn’t even bother to wipe it off. Brayden. Mother. It was my fault. It was all because of me. They both got hurt because of me. They were killed because of me. Everything was due to me. I shouldn’t even exist. Why did I even born into this world? I was nothing but a trouble, a disaster, a danger, a sin…

I did not know how long have I been staring into space until the sound of the gate of my cell opening snapped me out of the daze. The sound of the high heels was clear and sharp, echoing through the cell. She walked up to me and stood in front of me. She placed the tray of food on the ground and squatted down to my level.

“You should at least eat something.” Alana pushed the tray of food nearer to me.

“Why are you doing this to Brayden?” I wasn’t looking at her when I asked this question. I was staring at a spot on the ground. “Why are you always hurting him?”

I stood up from the ground and lunged towards Alana. I grabbed her by her shirt. “WHY!!!!!!!” I could hear my voice cracking when I screamed to the max.

“He was so nice to you! He didn’t harm you in any way!! Why are you doing this to him?!! Just because of your sickening, un-worth mate!!!” I grabbed her shirt tightly shook her vigorously as I yelled at her.

“Don’t speak ill of my mate!!!” Alana pushed me away and straightened her shirt. I stabled myself and grabbed her once again.

“ALL YOU WANTED WAS ME!!!! WHY CAN’T YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO HURT HIM AGAIN AND AGAIN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I pushed Alana away till she fell on the ground.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I dropped to my knees and hit my chest repeatedly. I broke down crying and screaming. I did not know whether what Robert Miller had said was true. I felt terrible and stuffy on the inside. Everything was happening so fast. All the truths were hard to handle. My mother died giving birth to me. Auntie Clara was all along faking her love for me. Now that she knew I was the cause of her sister’s death, she would hate me even more. Brayden was going to die. Why… Since they had captured me, why did they have to attack Brayden?

“I said before. That day was the last time I was going to let him go. After that, we would be enemy. As for the reason of injecting ‘The deathly’ into him, you only can blame yourself. If Brayden wasn’t your mate, he wouldn’t have to suffer.” Alana managed to stand up on her feet and took one step towards me.

“Why… Why is that…?” Tears dripped to the ground.

Alana walked out of the cell and stood outside of the cell gate. “Because the key to the ‘cure’ of the beast is its mate.”

After finishing her sentence, she left the underground. I was being left at the cell in a dazed-mode. So it was possible that Brayden marking me would help? Or exchanging blood with him would help to ‘calm down’ the beast within me? But thinking all these wasn’t going to change the situation in any way. There was nothing I could do already. I ran to the cell gate and tried to pull it open but it didn't work. I leaned on the cell bars and slided down to the ground, feeling defeated.