Chapter Three {Work Day}

Harry woke up as his alarm clock began to beep. He felt the fuzzy tail and heard soft snoring. Louis. He smiled, then moved the sleeping kitten off his body. He slipped on a black shirt, black jeans, his work shoes, and lab coat. He looked official. Too official. That's the thing about Harry. He loves his job. Loves helping animals and seeing the owners faces as they come out healthy makes it even better. But he doesn't like to look too official. That's what attracted the customers he guessed. So he grabbed a hair tie in his box of them, he dug through the razors and ties until he found his white one. He grabbed what he considered his bangs, then tied them into a tiny ponytail. As he spun around he saw Louis stretching and arching his back slightly.

"Morning Lou." Harry smiled, but Louis frowned.

"H-Harry go work?" Louis asked.

"Sorry I have to." Harry said, petting Louis' tail.

"I go!"

"Lou you can't." Harry whispered.

"Please? I be quiet."

"Fine. I'll lay out clothes if you go grab a book, paper, markers, and a pencil." Harry said.

"I be back!" He meowed, then ran into the living room.

Harry laid Louis out a Navy blue sweater, grey jeans and black shoes. Along with a grey beanie, he spun around once again and saw Louis standing with all the supplies. Harry grabbed Louis' wrist then ihelped him into the clothes, he looked adorable. Louis looked around until he saw a pair of glasses. He slipped them on the bridge of his nose and Harry could have 'awed' at him.

He had the sweater on, but since it was Harrys, it was way too large and covered up his hands. The jeans he rolled up at the bottom, and his ankles poked out between the jeans and his shoes. His beanie also hung a bit, one for cuteness but two to hide his ears, his human ones showing. Harry's favorite part was the glasses, the dark frames made his face look tiny and adorable. With his bright red cheeks and crisp blue eyes.

You like him, don't ya Harry? Harry's conscience spoke to him.

'No!'

Harry snapped out of it then put everything Louis grabbed and placed it in his bag. He walked towards the door with Louis close behind. After they were outside in the crisp air, he locked the door, then he walked in silence with his friend until they reached the 'Commute'. He hopped onto the medical train with Louis on his heals, he saw his other friends and sat next to Niall, with Louis almost in his lap.

"Wait who's that?" Liam asked.

"I Louis." Louis whispered.

"Yea Harry found him two days ago and taught him how to speak."

"Aw Haz, that's adorable." Liam cooed, fixing his dark blue tie.

"Yea." Harry blushed, then pat Louis' head which caused a soft purr.

"Ha-Haz." Louis whispered, trying out the new nickname.

Suddenly the train came to a halt, and Harry dragged Louis behind him. Once again Liam headed towards the hospital, and Harry passed all the dark alleys. He heard a few hungry moans and high pitched meows. Louis teared up but went inside the warm, friendly environment. Harry set everything up for Louis and the younger boy sat with his brown marker and began doodling.

"Lou I have to go work, a few animals will be back here soon so y-" Harry started but was cut off.

"Will animals h-hurt?" He asked, eyes large.

"Maybe." Harry whispered, then kissed his head when nobody was around.

"I see Haz soon." Louis giggled then continued his drawing.