Chapter 1

Picture of Sydney to the side ----------------->

            “Asshole.”

            “Bitch.”

            “Dick.”

            “Slut.”

            “Man whore.”

            “And proud of it,” Hunter said smirking.

            “I am so not arguing with you Hunter.”

            Sydney tried to move past Hunter but he stood in her way.

            “Hunter, move,” Sydney said exasperated.

            This was normal for Hunter and Sydney. Unfortunately, it never got any less annoying. Hunter always found a way to make her blood boil.

            Hunter was Sydney’s brother Alex’s best friend. He was the most arrogant, annoying, man whore on the planet, and no matter how much Sydney begged Alex, he refused to end his friendship with Hunter.

            “Hunter, get out of the fucking doorway, it’s cold out here!”

            Pennsylvania winters were the worst. Especially, when you lived on the mountain.

            “Your point?” Hunter smirked.

            That was it.

            Sydney drew her fist back and punched Hunter straight in the face.

            Hunter stumbled back a few steps rubbing his jaw.

            “For a girl, you can punch hard.”

            “That wasn’t half as hard as I can punch Hunter, so don’t push me.” Sydney yanked her black coat off and tossed it onto the couch.

            “No need to get violent, I was just fucking with you.”

            “Whatever,” Sydney ran a hand through her short, strawberry blond hair and narrowed her brown eyes at Hunter. “My brother’s not here so why are you?”

            “You act like you’re not happy to see me.”

            Hunter crossed his arms over his broad chest. At six-two Hunter was much taller than Sydney’s five-six. He had shaggy, dark brown hair, and light gray eyes, with olive skin from his Italian side. He was hot if you liked jerks.

            “I’m not,” Sydney said, pushing her way past Hunter and walking into the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of pop from the fridge and turned to look at Hunter. “Seriously, what are you doing here?”

            “You know if I didn’t know any better I’d say you don’t like me being here. I’m offended.”

            “You’re right I don’t like you being here. So leave.”

            “Sorry. No can do,” Hunter said with a smirk.

            God, Sydney would love to slap that nonstop smirk off of his face.

            “Why the fuck not?” Sydney was getting seriously irritated.

            “Because, I’m failing English and you’re my tutor.”