eight // pain

it's back to Liam's point of view 

---

Pain.

That's all that I could feel. Nothing else.

Was it even pain? It just felt as if someone stabbed me with a metal rod, it so blazing hot that you didn't feel it at first. Then it hits you, in all it's fiery glory. I couldn't tell from the source of whatever this pain was from, but I could tell--I could feel--it burning every inch of my body, feel it as it burned through every muscle, every tissue, every cell that was me.

I couldn't tell where I was going, or even where I was. Everything was white in front of me, my senses being cut off as the burning pain scorched through my body. I was moving though, not exactly sure how but I was. The swaying motion of my body weight being shifted, as if I was running, rippled through me, notifying me that indeed I was moving.

I didn't make any noise. Not like I could that is. It was like I was in a dream state, I was aware of the horrible feeling that rippled through me, but I couldn't see where I was going, couldn't hear, couldn't scream, couldn't do anything.

Was this a dream? Was this all just in my head?

I tried to recall my memories, but nothing came back. Just blank. And for a second there, I let panic settle over me.

Liam. My name is Liam.

The panic subsided. Did what I actually think just happen, happen? Did I really forget my own name? How could I forget my own name?

My mind started racing, not sure exactly what was going on. The burning sensation that came in flashes, me not knowing what the hell was going, forgetting my own name even. Then everything just hit me like a sack of bricks.

The first thing I felt was wood. I could feel splinters dig into my skin, my hands reaching out and trying to clasp onto anything. The pain was still constant, but slowly I could feel my senses coming back. I could feel some type of wood, it too smooth to be a tree. It took me less then a second to realize that it was a porch, my knee smacking against a wooden step, sending shocks up my leg.

I cried out, my mouth stretching as my vocal cords strained. It felt like I hadn't used them ages, my mouth tasting faintly of copper and dirt as my tongue glided across the roof of my mouth. Flinching, I shook my head, trying to pull myself up, my fingernails scratching against wood, creating a terrible noise to fill my ears. I gasped as I tried to take oxygen into my lungs, my heart beating at a rapid pace as my muscles strained every time I moved them. I tried to move my shoulder, only to scream as I felt pain run up my shoulders and to the back of my neck. My shoulderblades rubbed against each other, but stopped as I felt something block my movement, as if something was jammed between them to stop them from moving the way they were supposed to go. Testing myself, I shifted the other side of my body, only to met with a sharp pain in my abdomen, it rocketing up my spine and down my leg. My arms gave way, causing me to smack down on the wooden steps that I laid on. My cheek dug into the corner of one of the steps, my arms splayed to my sides. I couldn't feel my legs, but I could tell that they were splayed behind me as well, most likely on the steps too.

My breathing was rigid, every breath causing a sharp shock of pain to erupt through me.

That was until I heard a click.

"Don't move."

I froze, my breathing stopping. Not like I could move anyway.

I heard shuffling, steps echoing across the wooden porch, them drawing closer to me. I only knew one voice that was like that. Female. High pitched, too high for a male. Young. Not withered like my grandmother's.