THG: It's Not Over Ch 2- The Remake Center

Thanks to all who read my first chapter!

Please remember to sponsor your favourite tributes! They’ll die without you!

Don’t own the Hunger Games, etc, etc.

_________________________ 

Darren Erquos- District 2.

The other tributes better watch out. That’s all that’s on my mind as my prep team works over me. Strategy, strategy, strategy. I didn’t volunteer for nothing. I didn’t volunteer to die. I don’t even flinch when my prep team rips another strip of hair off my face. Honestly, who’s ever heard of waxing stubble? Whatever, I don’t care. All I care about is winning. That’s what I came for. That’s what I’m here for. Ew. They’re now applying some weird cream on my face.

“What the heck is this for?” I ask. That’s just uncool. No guy puts cream on his face.

“It stops hair growth.” A creepy orange haired lady told me, obviously annoyed with my question.

“For how long?” I ask. Hey, I like my stubble.

“Don’t worry; it only lasts about a month.” She said, with that same tone of annoyance in her voice.

Some purple skinned woman with a green afro stares me down for a couple seconds.

“Okay. I think he’s ready for the stylist”

The other two creepers nodded in agreement.

Then they walk out of the room, leaving me completely alone. Finally. Some kind of privacy. I slide out my chair and throw my robe on. I walkover to a comfortable looking couch and plopped myself on it. I bury my mind in strategy. Tactics. Allies. Enemies. Hmmmmmmmmmm. After watching the reapings, I think I want District Four as my allies. Especially the dude. What was his name? Zeke or something? I think he’ll be a good, powerful ally, but he’s definitely gonna be a distinct threat. Hey. Maybe when it’s just the 2 of us in the career pack, I’ll stab him in his sleep or something. Problem solved. District One sounds like good allies too, though not as good as 4. District 7. That boy needs to be taken down. That girl looks weak; I could care less about her, but that guy? Too powerful. Maybe I should trick him into joining the career pack, and then take him down in his sleep. I’m jostled out of my thoughts by the creak of a door opening. A woman with black wavy hair down to her knees walks in. She’s not half as creepy as my prep team. She has tanned skin, and is wearing a red strapless dress down to her knees. What is creepy about her though, is her eyes. I swear they’re pink. I’m not hallucinating. I swear.

“Hello, Darren, I’m your stylist, Soruka. Let’s eat lunch, and have a chat!”

She walks over to the couch across from myself and sits down. Se snaps her fingers twice, and suddenly mountains of food are on the table.

“Whoa.” Is all I can manage to say before I’m shoving food in my mouth. District 2 is a wealthy district, so we eat well, but this is... whoa. This is enough to feed 3 families back home!

“Don’t gorge yourself” Soruka warns. Don’t want to look fat on the chariot, now do we?

I instantly slow down my eating. Ugh. Looking fat would be so unappealing to sponsors.

“What am I wearing?” I ask Soruka.

“You will be wearing real white peacekeeper pants, with a gun belt, with a fake gun.”

Sounds nice enough.

“Wait, no shirt?”

“Correct.”