THG: It's Not Over Ch 5: The Strategy Session (Careers Day 1 Part Two)

• Dedicated to All my readers/sponsors!

Chapter 5- The Strategy Session (Con’t of Day 1 Career Chapter)

So, Hello lovely readers. Lovely’s a nice word, don’t you think, it sounds very British. Or fancy. Eh. So, just so you know, I’m not dead, or vanished off the face of the earth. I needed a few more sponsors before deciding who’s gonna die in the bloodbath. Ehem-Not melody. In celebration of my commenters and readers, I had decided to write in various fonts for this A/N. For those readers who have been with this story since the first chapter, thanks for sticking with it during my 2 month disappearance. So, anyways, I still need a couple more sponsors, and names for other tributes! If you have tribute names/personality ideas, please tell me! I need help!  So, please comment, sponsor, purchase goods for your tributes! Oh, and SHOUTOUT to all the sponsors!  Kay, I’m done annoying you all, onwards! Hahaa, funny word. Onwards.

Ha! You thought I forgot! Don’t Own THG!   

Noah Hudson (D1)

       “Noah, get your crap off the floor!” shouted the other tribute from out district, Jasmine LeBlanc. I know what you’re thinking. We’re not allowed to have that much stuff anyway, so how is it on the floor? Well, I have clothes, from the capitol closet, shoes (capitol closet), and today’s dishes!

       “Fine!” I said back, before starting to pick up the stuff, and sort it into its respective pile.

 Closet, laundry, and get-the –avox-to-take-it-away. After about half an hour of picking stuff up, I was done. Just in time, too. Our choice of a career pod and their mentors were coming to our floor for a strategy session tonight. Yes, it’s legal. There’s no rule against not staying on your floor, or socializing with the others. I think the only mentors not coming were Katniss and Peeta. They kind of disagreed with Haylee joining us. Apparently, they’re now refusing to talk to her. How childish. Put your own views aside, and help your tribute, for capitol’s sake! At least Hay’s still coming. The sound of the door opening jostled me out of my hateful thoughts, and I looked up to see Finnick sauntering in, with Annie quietly following behind him. Jasmine burst out laughing when Zeke came in, doing his “pretty boy swag” walk, Reyna trying not to laugh behind him.

       “Still going for that angle Z?” I asked. Zeke was a great friend, but I’m not gonna lie, that walk made him look absolutely ridiculous.

     “Honestly, is it that bad?” He asked.

      “Yes!” We all replied.

While our mentors went to the dining room to catch up, we went to the living room. Ha. Living room. Nice play on words capitol. Me and Zeke flopped on the central couch in front of the couch, effectively taking up all the room, in, as Cashmere would say, “a most impolite manner”. Reyna and Jasmine sat on the couch next to ours, and again, in Cashmere’s words, “sat like ladies”.  Jazz turned on the TV, and stopped at a movie. We all got lost in the movie, where this ridiculous couple made up, and broke up, and made up, then broke up. Nobody really noticed that Drayden and his mentors came in, and Drayden lied on one of the other couches, and started getting lost in the movie too. When District 2 came in, Darren walked in front of the television, leading Rey to throw a pillow at him, before he went to sit with Rey and Jazzy Melody walked over to us, sat down, shoved me and Z over a bit, making us sit up properly, before kicking her legs up and lying them down on me and Zeke’s laps. Haylee slipped in, moments later, no doubt without permission, and went to lie with Drey on the other couch. If you couldn’t tell yet, I’m one for nicknames. If you’re wondering why we can all act like old friends, it’s because, unlike some other tributes, we decide not to act all depressed. We decide to live it up, and not spend all day crying, dwelling on the inevitable. We’ve all accepted that we might never see our family and friends again, so we all act like a family, and are really good friends, we know, that after this, only one of us will come out. I try not to think of it, and so do the others, but we all know when it happens, it’s gonna hurt. After all, we wanna win, we’re not heartless! Except maybe Darren.  At the end of the movie, all the girls were crying, and the guys were staring at the TV like, what kind of crap is that? I tried to comfort Melody, who was sobbing into my shirt, while she wailed “I—it’s not f-fair! T-they finally f-fell in love, and they w-were getting m-married! Why d-did the j-jealous ex have to shoot him?”

     “Mel, I don’t know, it’s just a movie. We have a meeting soon, relax.”

    Soon after Melody stopped crying, as did the other girls, Brutus called us to the dining room. After taking our seats beside our mentors, Gloss said, “Why do the girls have bloodshot eyes? And why do the guys have the what-did-I-just-waste-my –life-on look?”    All was silent.

     “Oh my gosh!” Said Finnick, “You watched “Love, Life, and Loss”, didn’t you!” The girls mumbled some “Yes’s”, and “Yeah’s”, while the guys didn’t even bother to learn the name.

     “Finnick, you’ve seen that movie?” Asked Brutus, laughing his head off.

    “Of course, I wasn’t going to let my Annie cry alone, was I? Although I must say, I felt the same way about the movie as you men sitting here”.

       “Okay, well, on to the meeting” said Enobaria, bringing us back to business”................................................................

You really think I’m telling you their strategies! Sorry that there was no real excitement in this chapter, I kind of just wanted to show them hanging out like the regular teens they are, you know, less inhuman killers. Kay! So, Comment, Like, SPONSOR! MERCI!