Chapter 2:Cleaning Up and Dinner

You looked in the mirror with a frown. "There is no way  I love Guren. I don't know him except for what  the girls say."  You thought. You thought back to in the office just minutes ago. "My heart was racing..I zoned out, too..." You thought. You shook your head. "Nope. No way." You said out loud.

"No way, what?" Sayuri asked as she walked into the apartment building. "No way I got all these bruises!" You exclaimed hurriedly to cover yourself up. Sayuri smiled. "No kidding! That building just destroyed your face." She said. "Anyways. What are you doing here, Sayuri-san?" You asked. "I just came to check on you. The students were fine, so I thought you needed checked on." She explained. You smiled. "I'm fine! Just got done patching up now." You answered.

Sayuri nodded and turned back to the door. "I heard Mito-chan say something about a congratulatory dinner tonight. Did you know about it?" She asked. You blinked. "No. I had no idea." You said. "That fox! She's planning a dinner for Guren and I!" You thought with a quiet snarl. Sayuri smiled. "Then I guess I'll see you tonight~!" She said and walked out of the room.

You sighed and sat on the couch in your living room. "Am I excited for this or not?" You asked yourself. Your thoughts continuously drifted back to the office and Guren. You blinked, startled by your own thoughts. "They're just trying to get me friendly with him. After all, I don't really know him."  You said to yourself. "Yeah, that's it."

You stood up and walked into your bedroom to look through your closet. "Just a nice outfit. Nothing over the top." You told yourself. You looked through your closet. There were capri outfits, but you kept on looking. You saw a mid-thigh length dress with a longer train and stopped. "Nothing nice." You reminded yourself and kept looking. You stopped again when you saw a nice knee length black skirt with ruffles and a (f/c) tank top with a small denim jacket.

You picked it up and looked it over. "This'll work." You said before going to change. When you came out, you looked through your body length mirror and frowned. "This is super nice. Why did I grab this?" You asked yourself. "Damn! It's like I think this is a date or something!" You exclaimed to yourself. You looked at your (h/c) hair and nodded. "I'll just brush this out and put it in a ponytail." You said. You did so and looked around your room. Nothing looked out of place, but your eyes drifted to your Cursed Gear sword. You bit your lip but walked out of the room and outside, locking the door behind you.

You walked down the hall of your apartment building and looked around. Everything was quiet. You breathed out. "Everything is so different here..In the Headquarters everything is loud and bustling..." You thought with a small smile. You thought back to when you were in high school. Your smiled widened. "Shinya seemed like such a brat then, but now I can't live without his spoiled ass." You mumbled to yourself.

"The girls haven't changed much, of course. Mito-chan has gotten a lot nicer and sillier." You noted. "Shigure is still as quiet and stoic as ever, and Sayuri-san is just the same as before-cheerful, goofy, and protective." You added. You walked out of the apartment complex and looked around. "Where should I head to? Guren's office?" You asked yourself. "Sayuri-san didn't say much." You sighed. "I'll see if I can find one of them along the way if I have to.." You said and started walking.