Chapter 6:Surprise?

You smiled at the man and before you knew it, he had pulled you into a tight hug. "(Y/N)." He said. You looked at the man, but he never continued what he was going to say. He pulled away quickly and turned away. "I must be going. I'll see you later." He said and left the room. You watched him leave. 

The navy haired demon wrapped her arm around you. "Quite the confession there,darling." She whispered. You looked at her. "What do you want again?" You asked. "Oh nothing~" She singsonged. "You're here for a reason." You stated as you wriggled her arm off of your shoulders and looked at her. "I can't just come to talk with the young woman in love?" She asked.

You sat down on the couch and looked at the female. "Do you have to say that all the time?" You asked. "Of course." Asami stated. "You sure do love to tease me." You mumbled. "You're so easy to tease." Asami said as she ran a hand through your hair. You sighed. "About your knight in shining armor." She said as she focused her ruby irises on you. "You do understand what he meant by she is causing his pain,right?" She inquired. "Of course." You said simply. "Oh, but you don't, my dear. You see, it is far worse than you imagine." She argued gently.

"What do you mean?" You asked, tilting your head. "Guren Ichinose is not a human anymore." Asami said. Your eyes widened and you pulled away from her. "That can't be true!" You exclaimed. "It is, dear (Y/N). He is a na-" You cut her off as you forced her to disappear. "I have to talk to Guren about this." You mumbled as you looked at the ground.

You changed into more casual clothing and looked around your small apartment. Just minutes ago, you were in this apartment with the man you hold dear-is that love? You sighed and looked at the doorway. You half expected him to be there, but the door remained tightly closed. You walked towards it. "I have to talk to Guren." You mumbled as you opened the door and left the apartment.

You walked out of the apartment complex and towards the JIDA headquarters, thinking. You sighed once again. Things had become so difficult all of a sudden.

                                                                  ~~~~~

Meanwhile, Guren sat in his office trying to do paperwork. He set his pen down and leaned back in his chair with a sigh. "I heard what you said to the Lieutenant. Is there something you would like to say to me?" The familiar voice of his lover whispered in his ear, as seductive as always. "No, Mahiru. There isn't anything I would like to say. You know exactly what I would say." He answered back.

Mahiru sat on his desk and looked into his eyes. "That girl deserves to know about your past." She said. "But you won't tell her in fear of chasing her away." She added. Guren sat back in his seat. "You have no idea what my actions will be." He said after a long pause. "You don't know who I am anymore, demon. You only know of my love." He added as he glared at her. Mahiru stood, looking offended. "How dare you speak to me in such a derrogative tone." She snapped angrily.

He glanced at her without a trace of emotion. "You can't deny it, that's why you're upset." He said. She grit her teeth, her ruby hues narrowed at her lover. She remained silent and just stared at him. He stared back without a trace of remorse. There was a quiet knock on the door and Guren looked at it. Mahiru disappeared. "Come in." He called. You walked into the room shyly,closing the door behind you. "Guren. I'd like to ask you something." You mumbled as you looked at the ground, avoiding his gaze. Guren leaned forward in his chair. "What is it, (Y/N)?" He asked.

"You were going to say something to me before you left my room earlier. What were you going to say?" You asked, finally looking up at him. "Nothing." He said. "Is that all you wanted?" He added. "I want to know about you-about Mahiru." You said, stepping forward.