Chapter 3:Past

You walked along the rather destroyed road in the center of Shibuya. You had decided you were going to stop at Guren's office and hopefully stop Mito or Sayuri along the way. Everything was quiet for the most part and you enjoyed it; it left you time to think about yourself.

You found that you were thinking about your past again. You didn't push the thoughts away and soon you were recalling memories.

You were 16 years old and it was your first day of high school. You walked into the school building with your new school uniform on-you hated it. The skirt was too short for your taste and it was uncomfortable. You couldn't do anything about it, though, so you went on with your routine.

You stopped by your locker and dropped some stuff off and sighed. You were a really shy girl and didn't talk to many people, unless you had to. Because of that, you didn't have any friends and you were starting to get lonely. Of course, most of the guys annoyed you and the girls were total bitches so you couldn't handle them. They were so loud.

You closed your locker and looked around, then started walking. There was quiet squealing behind you and you turned around to look. You saw nothing, so you walked down the hall and turned the corner.

The sight you were met with completely surprised you. You were right in front of two boys from your grade, Shinya Hiiragi and Guren Ichinose. Shinya was smiling and was bending down every once in a while and quickly thrusting his hand out before standing again. You looked down and spotted a little girl who looked to be about 7 or 8 years old with light purple hair.

You were confused. What was a little girl doing here and why was she messing with one of the members of the elite Hiiragi?

You watched with surprise as the girl ran around Shinya's legs and tried to attack him. Shinya dove down and picked the girl up with both arms, placing her on his shoulders. The other male, Guren turned to look at you, breaking off what he was saying.

The male looked blankly at you. "Who are you? And why are you standing there, staring at us?" He asked grumpily. You immediately started to panic. "I'm sorry! I heard noises and I came to look! I'm so sorry! Please don't yell at me!" You pleaded, bowing in embarrassment.

Shinya chuckled and placed a hand on your shoulder. "It's alright. We won't yell at you. At least I won't, I'm not sure about Guren-" the male huffed and Shinya continued. "It doesn't bother me that you were curious." You breathed out and stood straight.

"I'm sorry to ask, but who is the girl on your shoulders?" You asked shyly. The little girl giggled and patted Shinya's head like a drum. "The name's Shinoa! I'm a big mean Hiiragi!"  The girl said cheerfully between giggles. You blinked. "Sh-she's a Hiiragi as well?" You asked. Shinya nodded. "She's a real Hiiragi-born into the family. Unlike her, I'm adopted. I'm from a smaller branch family and was adopted to marry Mahiru, Shinoa's older sister." Shinya explained.

Shinoa nodded, her large bow bobbing up and down. "Mm-hm!! My Nee-san is a big girl and she's going to get married!" She exclaimed. "I'm going to have a brother! A totally cool one, too!" She added, hugging Shinya's head. Shinya smiled. "Of course! I'll take you to the park every day if you want me to!" He said.

You giggled quietly, although you were still reluctant to say anything. "So, what's your name?" Shinya asked. You blinked. "(Y/N) (L/N)." You stuttered. Shinya and Guren absorbed the name. "Interesting. I like it. We're about to go out and meet with some friends. I'm sure you'd like them." Shinya said with a friendly smile. Shinoa patted Shinya's head again. "I have to go, Shinya!"  Shinoa exclaimed. He nodded and set her down.

The girl ran off, giggling the whole way. You watched her go with a gentle smile. Guren started walking away and Shinya followed after him. "Are you coming, (Y/N)?" Shinya called. You rushed after them quickly.
                            –-------
You arrived at the class room and looked around. The two boys had already walked over to three girls and a boy. You made your way over slowly. You looked the girls over. They were interesting characters. One was a raven haired girl with a stoic expression, one was a red haired girl with a frown, and the other was a brunette with a bright smile.

The boy was a brunette with a gentle expression. Shinya took your hand gently and brought you over to the four. "Everyone, this is (Y/N) (L/N)." Shinya greeted. You waved mutely, a small smile on your face.

The boy looked you over. "Good side breasts, perfect body.. I wonder what she would look like in a hot bikini." He mumbled with a finger on his chin. You blushed a bright red and covered your body. The red haired girl punched the boy in the shoulder. "Ow! Mito!" He complained.

"You've only just met the girl and you're already being a complete dumbass!" The girl named Mito said. "At least it's not me again. If he tried to say something, he would be dead by now." The raven haired girl said.

You sighed and looked at the girls. "Hi there! The name's Sayuri Hanayori!" The brunette said with a smile, holding her hand out. You shook it gently. "This is Mito Jujo!" She added. The red head waved. "This is Shigure Yukimi!" Sayuri said. The raven head nodded slightly. "And this is Norito Goshi." Sayuri said. "Cutie." He greeted. You looked down.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." You said, bowing politely. Sayuri smiled. You smiled gently.
                              --–----
A month had past and you had barely seen the group. You saw them out the window of your class room and they were never in class. One day after school, you walked out of the building and almost ran into a rushed Sayuri. "S-Sayuri-san, what's wrong?" You stuttered.

Sayuri looked at you, her brown eyes wide with shock. "It's Guren!" She exclaimed. You blinked in fear. The male still scared you, but you knew how much he meant to your friends. "What about him?" You asked.

"He's gone missing! He went out with Mahiru and we haven't seen him since! Mahiru hasn't come back either!" The brunette explained in a rush. You blinked again. "Are you sure he's not just on a date?" You asked. She shook her head. "Something's been off about her... I think he's in danger." She said.

You nodded. "Where was he last?" Your heart pounded. Not for Guren, but for yourself. "Just outside of the school campus." She said. You nodded and the two of you ran off.

Ten minutes later, you came back to the school grounds. You had found neither hide nor hair of the two teens. You leaned against the wall and sighed. "What's wrong,little child?" A feminine voice asked. You looked over, not recognizing the voice. A girl with light purple hair like Shinoa's stood next to you. "A-are you Mahiru?" You asked.

The girl smiled, revealing fangs. Your eyes widened and you backed up. Mahiru stepped closer and placed a hand on your chin. "So you know of me. Do you wish to know what I am?" She asked, baring her fangs. "I'm a vampire!" She breathed out. Your eyes widened.

"Those don't exist!" You exclaimed. "Oh, but they do!" She brushed your hair back from your neck. You flinched. She leaned closer and ran a finger over your jugular vein.

You were frozen in fear, afraid to move. "Mahiru! What do you think you're doing?!" A certain platinum haired male's voice shouted. Mahiru turned around and you quickly scrambled backwards. She smiled. "Oh Shinya, my supposed lover. What a great coincendence." She said. "Sadly, I must be going." She added, before turning and running away.

Shinya ran over to you. "(Y/N)! Are you alright?" He asked. You nodded and breathed out. The girls and Norito soon joined you.

You walked into the headquarters and headed to Guren's office. This was going to be a strange night.