8 | yerba pt 1

"You've got a nice truck." Tori commented.

     "Don't lie to me." Festus replied.

     "I'm sorry." She replied.

     "Listen. How would you and your friends like to take a trip to my home country, Yerba?" He asked.

     "Yerba?"

     "It's a very exotic island."

     "Like Hawaii?"

     "Sure, yeah, like that. My brother, he's in charge of best hotel in Yerba. And my people, they love to see American-style entertainment. With the singing, the dancing. So, if you and your friends will sing and dance at the hotel, my brother will make your whole trip for free!"

     "That sounds amazing."

     "So you take down my brother's phone number in Yerba."

     "Okay."

~~~

     Robbie, Andre, Cat, and Liv were at Tori's house and she was telling them about what happened behind the truck. "So, I called his brother as soon as I got home, and it's true. They'll pay for our plane fares, our hotel rooms our food. And all we have to do is one performance a night." Tori explained.

     "That sounds so fun." Cat replied.

     "And this island, uh-"

     "Yerba." Tori interrupted Andre.

     "It's a cool place?"

     "Yeah, Festus said it's kind of like Hawaii. Oh, and I went to the official Yerba website, and look." She said and showed them her computer.

     "Ooh, look at that." Andre said.

     "White sand beach!" Robbie added.

     "It's gorgeous!" Liv added.

     "Computer!" Cat awed.

     "Okay, so if your parents say it's cool. Do you guys want to do it?" Tori asked.

     "Of course!" Liv replied.

     "Yeah, sure." Andre agreed.

     "Absolutely!" Robbie replied.

     "Mm-hmm yeah." Cat agreed.

     "Awesome! Here, check out some more pics of the resort." Tori said and handed Andre her computer.

     "A'ight." Andre hopped off the counter and started clicking through the pictures.

     "I'm never playing mini golf with you guys again!" Trina screamed as she stormed inside.

     "Promise?" Her mom asked.

     "What happened?" Tori asked.

     "Trina missed a putt, so she got upset and threw a golf club at her father!" Liv hid a smile that was creeping up on her face.

     "No, I threw my golf club and Dad just stood there and let it hit him."

     "Well. That was fun." Her dad walked in with blood all over his shirt and, what looked like, a broken nose.

     "Oh, honey! It's throbbing." Her mom said. "Trina, get an ice pack."

     "No! I have to go paint my nails." She said and ran upstairs.

     "Oh hey, did you talk to your friends about Yerba?" Her mom asked.

     "Yeah, I think we're all going." Tori replied.

     "Good! You're taking Trina." She said.

     "No." Tori protested.

     "Yes."

     "You are taking Trina." Her dad replied.

     "Not happening." Tori replied.