VI

Stalking wasn't really my thing, but I'd do anything if it meant Audrey. Especially in that little black crop top of hers that showed just enough skin, even if her high waisted pants were supposed to cover it.

I surely didn't know where she was going, especially since there were hundreds of people in this lot. But you know me, I couldn't just let her go into the unknown by herself; it's not like her mighty strong and fearless boyfriend was around. I saw her stop at a group of people, making her way into their circle and being greeted by most of them. I stood with a group close by, making sure I could see her at all times.

I guess I knew two or three of the people in there, but I for sure knew one. One that was Derek, who's muscles may be smaller than his brain, but had excellent connections. Connections that will for sure get me killed if we were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thankfully only limited people know the problems I had with him; well actually his brother, Steve. Steve was what I considered a regular for my little 'side business', but I still had my problems with him. He was disrespectful, cheats, and lies for no advantage; that was until we had a little bit of a 'misconfiguration'. Derek definitely doesn't know about it, and I sure as hell wouldn't be alive if he did.

I wondered why Audrey would be hanging out with someone like that, even if she was a bit of a rebel she definitely didn't do drugs or gangs. And when I mean definitely, who knows if she'd ever talk to me anymore after finding out I killed someone. And when she does find out, I'll be buried 6 feet deep from Derek's possy.

I continued to watch her talk with all of them for a while, although it was way too loud to hear what any of them were saying.

Her eyes started to wander around the lot. They seemed as if they were searching for something, until they landed on me. Her face quickly lit up as she motioned me over. "Brendon! Why aren't you with everyone else?" She smiled a smile that made me completely forget who was around us. I shrugged and let out a little "just wandering around" excuse and looked at everyone else in front of us.

"Hey guys! This is Brendon" She bounced, introducing me to the group of mostly men, who seemed to just shrug me off and continue their independent conversations. Derek gave me one of those head nods to say hi, which was something I never understood why people did.

I looked around the swarm of people to see another friend, Christian, who walked up to us and leaned his arm on the nearest car hood. "Urie, haven't seen you in a while" he greeted. I didn't mind Christian, but he was more of one of those friends who you run into at parties, hang around them for a while, then never speak to again until the next incident. "Yeah man, maybe if you weren't so busy fucking guys I'd be able to hit you up" I laughed. Audrey and someone who was probably Chris's friend, who I hadn't noticed before, laughed too. He rolled his eyes and took a sip from the beer he was holding, then raised an eyebrow. "Got any new stories?" He grinned, knowing that I always have a story to tell whenever he's around. I looked over to Audrey, who looked like she would die if she didn't get a good story. I knew that now was my time to make an impression.

I crossed my arms and raised my chin up to Christian. "Well, I do have this one story.."