I'm a monster

After that incident, Harley has been giving me the silent treatment. Usually I use this to my advantage and get some work done but she has been doing it for days now, and it's pissing me off.

"Harley. Say something! Anything!" I begged, throwing the pillow over her head.
She grumbled and threw it on the ground. Still not talking.

"Harley, if you don't say anything I'm gonna hurt you." I warned, yanking the blanket off of her.

She flew up from the bed and into her feet, which startled me slightly.

"This is what's wrong with you!" She cried, throwing her hands up in the air. "You hurt me and hurt me until your satisfied and I'm left feeling like I'm the one who did something wrong!!! I'm sick of it J!!! If you don't get your act together then..." She said trailing off, anger seeming to take over.

I don't want to admit it, but my heart was hammering in my chest.

"Then what?" I barked, trying to hide the fact that I was scared out of my mind.

"Then I gotta go." She choked, tears now falling. She seemed brave on the outside, but inside, where only I can see, she was terrified. Which only proved her point.

I stared blankly at her. She can't be serious right? She says things like this and it ends up meaning nothing, this is probably one of those times.

I scoffed. "You'll leave me." I stated, crossing my arms.

"If I have to, yes."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Wow. Ok. And while your gone, can you pick me up some Advil for this raging headache you're giving me?!?!" I yelled, getting up and storming toward her with clenched fists.

She gasped and flinched hard, holding her hands up. I softened at that and lowered my hand I was apparently bringing back.

"Harley dear. Be a doll and go to bed will ya?" I sneered, shoving her. She stumbled back but caught her fall.

I grumbled to myself and turned away, just wanting a few fucking seconds of silence.
As I walked back to my side of the bed I couldn't help but notice the pure sad look on her little face. Pitiful.

Without a word she climbed onto the bed and flipped over, facing the wall. I hated when she did that, cause then I couldn't poke and prod her face while she slept, seeing what would make her toss or grumble.

Oh well. At least I got her in bed. And I'm back in charge. I sighed happily and took one glance at her before closing my eyes.

"Night harls."
• •

I never sleep. I mean, I sleep. But only for a couple hours. 3 at the most. So I woke up at 2. I'm used to waking up when the moon is still out. I like it. I like the silence.

I sighed and sat up, rubbing my eyes and stretching. I turn my gaze to where Harley sleeps.

"Harley?" I call, shoving the blanket aside, only to see an empty spot with a note. My heart jumped up my throat.

I grabbed the note quickly and opened it with bated breath.

Dear mr J,

I know you won't change, no pain in the world will ever change you, so I have to go. As much as this hurts, it had to be done. I'll miss you, more than I'll admit. I love you puddin. Maybe this will wake you up.

-Harley

I stared at that note for the longest time. Rereading every word. And every word stung. Am I a monster?

I crumpled the note and threw it across the room. I don't need a blonde bimbo telling me what I'm not. I'll be better off without her anyway! I'll get so much more work done and I'll finally get the giant rodent!

I smile to myself, thinking of all the fun I'm gonna have, and how independent I'll be. I eventually break into a fit of laughter. This will be fun.

••••••••••