BOBB PT.2

I suddenly awoke, eyes wide open. My body shot up and I just sat, staring at the wall ahead of me, zoned out. I didn't know what to do... I couldn't move, and I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a few seconds, but then all the air came flooding back and I shook my head, confused.

"Hey, Maeve, you good?" a voice boomed inside my skull. I turned to face the source, and I felt my breath cut short again. Dripping on each of their cheeks, a letter:

L.

Parts of the blood on the letters dripped down and traced their jaw line and slipped off their chins, drop after drop. I could hear each drop hit the hardwood floor, almost teasingly.

Plip. Plip.

No, I couldn't take this anymore.

I forced myself to breathe again, and choked out, "I'm just gonna go get water," and stumbled towards the kitchen. I heard Dillon get up and he started to follow me, few steps behind.

"Maeve go lay back down I'll get the water for you. I'm worried you're going to pass out."

"No."

"C'mon I got it," he persisted.

Plip. Plip.

I picked up my pace and headed towards the other side of the granite island, screaming at him.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I pounded my fist on the surface and reached for a knife. I couldn't think, my brain refused to function normally until everything stopped. The only thing it would let me process was that the noise had to stop. I blinked a couple times, watching the world I knew fade, and the only thing that grasped my attention was that bloody L on my boyfriend's cheek. My hand moved up slowly, fingers shaking and knuckles turning white from gripping the culinary knife so tight. My mind swerved, trying everything to pull out those sweet memories that made up our relationship. Eventually, I started to give in and was about to drop it, if it weren't for the translucent figure that passed across my vision. I could also see that perfectly clear, and as soon as it turned its hideous face towards me, I plunged forward, thrusting the weapon into where I thought its heart was. I never expected human flesh.

Drawn back, I still couldn't see or comprehend well enough to know what I have done. I suddenly realized that I had missed, when the creature reformed by the entrance of the kitchen, laughing hysterically. My cold, hard fingers released from the wooden handle of the kitchen knife that I was still clinging onto, and headed towards it. It started to dance around, taunting me, pointing its fingers around, and drawing my attention to its neck. I blinked, and for a moment I saw Delilah through the monster, a horrified look on her face. In a brief moment she was gone, and I was pulled back into the trance that I believed I was in. I lunged, took the creature's head in my arms, and twisted. It finally fell, along with a body.

My sight finally cleared, and I stared blankly, at the aftermath that I had laid for myself. Two of the people I cared for most were sprawled on my tiled floor, one with a blade in his heart and the other, in a position I knew a living, breathing person would never achieve. As depressed as I was, I could always feel, even though those feelings were mainly for sadness and grief, and hatred. I tried to feel right now, I really did; after all, emotion is what make us human. I wanted to break down and cry, but not a single tear could form in my eyes. I wanted to scream, but my mouth refused to open. I just looked, with a straight face, an unknown part of me not letting me do anything I wanted to.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! That was part two of my short story (: Sorry if it seems gruesome for you, I don't know what else to say aha. Thanks for reading up to here, and if the story seems intriguing so far, please continue to read (: I spent lots of time on this so every read would be appreciated lol thanks! <3