Still

"Hey Amy."
My Best Friend embraced me in a tight hug. Some would wonder how I became friends with such a Barbie, but we go way back. I'm talking half a peanut butter sandwich in kindergarten kind of back.
"You look down, are you feeling ok?" She placed one hand on my shoulder.
"I'm good, Just not on the best terms with Mrs.Brookes."
"Oh cmon Rose! No one is," she pulled a mirror from her cream tote, "she's just a cranky old lady that hasn't had enough fun in bed in a while."
"Amy!?!" I exclaimed.
"It's the truth, I can tell by her chipped nail polish she hasn't been on a date in a couple of centuries." We both bursted into laughter.
"Anyways, coming to my party tomorrow night?" She asked reapplying her bright lipstick.
"I'll try my best, but no guarentees."
"Well I told Ben you were com-"
"Me and Ben aren't even close to being a thing." I ranted.
"That's not what he said." She smirked.
"And what exactly did he say!?!" I shut my locker and felt my face go slightly red.
"Aww your blushing Rose." She bantered, pinching my cheeks. A small buzzing noise erupted from Amy's purse." Hold that thought Rose."
Lunch was about to start so the halls weren't as packed as before. Just a couple jocks discussing the upcoming games, Layla Anderson setting up water fountain pranks, and class sweethearts, Brenden and Theresa, fighting over their future baby names.

"Adrian gives me a headache." Huffed Amy.

"What's wrong?"

"He can't come tomorrow night, because of some family dinner."
Amy and I made are way to the cafeteria. The aqua school floors shined from there recent polishing and the whiff of steamy spaghetti hit us as we approached closer. The once white lockers were stained with graffiti on the south side of the building.
"Well it is his family."
Amy grabbed my wrist and stepped in front of me, we were faced to face.
"Well, I'm worried." She lowered her head. "It's not like him to mention things the day before. "Do you think Adrian is cheating on me?" She asked somberly.

"Well... I doubt it, your over thinking it."

I pulled her through the cafeteria doors and dragged her to an empty table.
"Can you slow down!?!" Shrieked Amy, releasing my grip. "We were having a conversation Rose." She placed her hands on her hips and gave me a weird face.
"Listen Amy, I'm not the best with relationship advice, so I'm not much help."

The cafeteria was packed with students. Nerds on the left, jocks on the right, misfits in the back, and scream queens in the middle. Talk about a typical high school set up, Amy and I always found tables on the outer middle to avoid clique contact. I got a perfect view of the baseball players, I searched carefully for his face, but it was no where to be found.
I pulled out my leather wallet and rummaged through the receipts and coins.
"Lunch is on me."
I whipped my head around to stare into the eyes of a familiar face.
"Ely your late!" Exclaimed Amy, patting a seat next to her.
Elliot Wang was one strange picture. Tall and petite, gorgeous black hair, chocolate freckles, yellowish skin, and dark honest eyes. She could practically fit into any clique she wanted to, but she decided to hang with us.

"What's up!" Exclaimed Elliot shooting me an imaginary gun.
"Same old same." I replied with a smile.
"I met the cutest guy in geometry today, he's a new exchange student from Israel." Beamed Elliot. "He forgot his book, so I was beyond happy to share mine."
"Elliot you will not believe what Adrian had the nerve to tell me!"
"I'm all ears Amy."
"He's not coming to the party tomorrow."
"Well why the hell not! It's his girlfriends birthday." Elliot crossed her arms and say back angrily.
"He has some family dinner thing." Explained Amy.
"He had the nerve not to tell you face to face!" Belted Elliot. "A family dinner!?! What is it thanksgiving?"
"He has them every Sunday, but it's odd for one to pop up on a Friday."
"All the more reason to point out he's lying to you."
Elliot pulled out her white wallet and pulled out a fresh twenty.
"Let's just get desert and forget all about him."
"You know how I feel about chocolate!" Slammed Amy.
Amy believes chocolate is the "key to all evil". It makes you gain "uncontrollable" weight.
"I refuse to gain anymore weight." Shouted Amy.
Elliot and I laughed atrociously.
"It isn't funny!?!"
"Your smaller than a tree branch in all honesty."
Suddenly, the cafeteria door swung open. Ben and his gang walked in, there they were, hand in hand. God, I wished it was my hand he held.
Amy and Eliot watched my expressions in awe.
"What are you staring at so hard?" Asked Amy in confusion.
Amy and Elliot looked quickly.
"Your kidding.." Said Amy,under hear breath.
"Your still into Damion?!" Whispered Elliot in shock.
The world seemed to pause at the mention of his name, I pushed my hair back in a nervous fret and covered my face with my hands. My throat went dry and my eyes stung, Why was I so easily frazzled? Why did something so small choke me up?

"I...don't know."