Supernaturals | 1

Seth Dracula was awoken just before dawn as her mother, Gabrielle Dracula, hovered over her.

"Get up, Seth, We don't have much time! The sun is starting to rise!"

Seth groaned and sat up in her violet coffin, her dark hair smooth, even though she just woke up.

"I was up catching bats until 7:32 am," she complained, crossing her arms, "and why are you waking me up this early? My skin is going to burn and smell like garlic, and I hate garlic!"

Gabrielle sighed. "Don't worry about that, it's just that your letter from the Academy of Supernaturals and Abilities came in the mail."

Seth felt a spark of excitement rise inside of her. "Really?" she squeaked happily, "Finally! I'm-" Seth felt a slight burning sensation on her right arm.

"Oh, shit, I'm starting to burn..." she muttered.

"Ah, well, I'll leave you to go to sleep," said her mother, "rest well!"

And she left.

Seth smiled to herself and lay back down on the velvet inside of her coffin.

I can't wait to show those other vampires who's boss...

Meanwhile, at the Lesmond residence..

"Wow."

Vivian stared at the fancy golden letters, not believing what she saw.

"I....what the hell is this?" she said to herself, nearly knocking over her crown of flowers as she ran her hands through her hair. "This is...is this a joke?"

At once, a wave of questions ran through her.

Were there going to be other people? Would they have a garden? What subjects would I be good at?

Vivian ran into her bedroom, the golden light cascading down onto her vine-and-flower decorated bed.

She carefully tucked her acceptance letter into a small, shiny, wooden desk drawer, grinning to herself.

I hope they have a garden, she thought to herself as she ran to her private stables, running up to her favourite horse and hugging her.

"I hope this is real..."

At the Lewis residence....

"Here are some letters for you, Lux," said Anna Lewis, Lux's mother, "I suspect they're all birthday cards, since you're 14 now.."

Anna threw a small stack of letters on an oak table, just as a young girl ran towards her.

"Thanks, Mum," Lux said, scooping up the letters and returning to her room.

The first thing she noticed was a neat little letter with gold engravings on the front.

"Academy of Supernaturals and Abilities," she read aloud, sitting down in her desk chair.

Lux quickly tore open the letter, eyes widening as she started reading the words.

"Mum?"

-
Dracula Residence

Gabrielle walks in again. "Here's your food," she drawls, "wouldn't want you going to bed hungry." she says as she walks out, closing the door behind her.

As Seth takes a sip of her blood soda, her eyes flash red. Huh. That's never happened before..

She looks down at her food. "Steak?" Seth complains, "Why didn't Mother get me something to cut it with?"