The Silent Beauty

High school was a great time for Lolita, but was not the same in Kindergarten. The bolt of memories came when she was the best, popular, most beautiful girl in the school. When she had her first love and let it be a fuck-you-in-the-face.

               But high school was different. Every girl seems to be perfect -- excluding her. Girls be wearing full-faced makeup, covering all their perfect baby skin. She does the same, however only using eyebrow pencil and mascara was fine with her. Since she has her own kind of beauty. And this time she wasn't even the popular person anymore. Just sitting in the corner, bolting with ideas of her journal, writing and drawing like it was her escape through reality.

           Bullying didn't bother her that much since she doesn't really get attention. She's just that girl who is a background artist or extra right in the scene. She's nothing compared to this one girl, Clarissa. The brunette walking like it was Miss Universe to school. V-collared shirt, tight pants. Face contoured with no sign of her youth at all. Her eyebrows threaded perfectly, long eyelashes and great peaked eyeliner. Brown hair, brown eyes and fair tan skin. Looking like a not-so-16-years-old-teenager that boys would love to double tap.

                And there's Lolita, plain teen. Only with eyebrow pencil and mascara is the way to go. People seem to ignore her amazing hazel blue-brown eyes that look like it's purple. Her amazing jawline and eyebrow arch. Her full lips and beautiful white-shiny smile was magnificent. And her soft, silky black hair, but never noticed.

              The silent beauty she is.

           The first day of school was the same thing, her sitting in the corner looking out of the window while the teacher went on for roll call. "Lolita Anderson?"

"Here."

             And finally the attention starts. Everyone looked at her like she was some type of Goddess while Clarissa and her 'squad' gave her a cold glare. Lolita then blushed and looked away to the window, it was always like this every new year of school. She's now 16, so close to graduating and so close to college. But let her focus on the present for now, never expect the future. Everyone knows she exists, everyone knows how she looks. Everyone knows she's beautiful. But she's just silent. Countless of boys want to date her, but they were scared of her because not only she has her beauty. She's also very smart and intelligent. How many times has she gotten into the top 10s? How many times have she answered questions correctly without a doubt? And her parents are amazingly strong and healthy. Mother is a famous designer -- Father is a strong hard-working detective. And what can she be?

Aces at Geography.
Aces at Science.
Aces at History.
Aces at Literature.
English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry , Biology, basically anything.

          Periods has gone by as all the students left the classroom in a rush for lunch. She sat alone in the corner with her laptop watching her favourite series and eating. Her introverted attitude caught people's eyes to stare and question. "Why is she sitting alone?" One of then even asks and Lolita overheard. "I don't know... I mean she does look like a cool person to chill with but why would people ignore her?" replied the other as Lolita sighed. She finished her lunch and places the tray on the bench opposite her as she starts rummaging her bag for her stationary case for her homework. That's what she usually do in lunch. Rather stay in the cafeteria to do her work, or wobble back to the library since it's all quiet and no one would bother to look at her.

             Soon after when she had a glance of girls coming to her way, she packed her things quick, slipping her books and case to her bag and took her laptop in her arms and walked away quick. Probably to the library.

"Where do you think you're going?" Clarissa said with a mocking tune but Lolita quickly ignored and had a fast pace towards the library. The girls followed behind her and started talking about her kinky not-their-style outfit. I mean who the fuck wears heels to school? Who the fuck wears a tight pencil skirt in school making sure it suffocates your legs? That's them, but Lolita is just a plain casual teenage girl with a maroon coloured hoodie with black stripes close to her shoulders; her black ripped jeans matching to the strips, her headphones hanging around her neck and matching black Converse to complete the whole outfit.

         Clarissa and her group of friends could not stop leaving her alone but she was clever, instead of going to the library she went up the stairs where the teachers office would be. The girls finally stopped just in case they'd fall into trouble and walked straight ahead the hallway. Lolita checked if the hall was clear and they're no where to be found. She went back to her route towards the library where she can finally have some peace, walking with relief as she let out a sigh.

       "Great way to start of school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my god finally I'm done writing this out. Thank you for all your support and please, it is a pleasure for you to share this story with others! It's a coincidence to write this since the start of school is coming, eh? Hah! Anyways thank you for reading this LONG part. I had a lot of ideas from this bolting around in my mind. And please do not be scared to share your opinions and ideas! I might take it. 😉

                                          - Eunice C Yang