Chapter Ten

Minzy would have liked it better if she was partnered with GD. She likes him a lot but obviously, he likes someone else. He likes CL, to be exact.

But although he was not her partner, she still feels lucky for being partnered with Daesung.

I can’t explain why I like being with him. Well, he’s not the hunk type nor the smart type like GD, but he’s got a different charisma. He’s naturally charming in his own way. And his smile… somehow, it lights up the place.

Ooookay… I am being imaginative again. She said to herself.

They sat on the Bermuda grass of the wide school garden. Some of the students were also sitting on the grass, working on their homework, or simply hanging out with their friends.

When Minzy looked at Daesung, she saw sadness in his eyes as he watched a group of students laughing.

“It’s nice here.” She said to break the silence.

Daesung turned toward her and smiled.

“Yes, it is. It’s calm and relaxing.” He agreed.

“To think that it’s crowded in here.”

“Maybe it’s the blue sky, the green grass, and the people’s laughter.”

“I didn’t know you’re a poet, Daesung.”

Daesung chuckled.

There was an awkward silence so Minzy lay down on the grass and stared at the blue sky.

I am here. The first performance is on its way.

I am on my way to fulfilling my dream.

This is my chance.

I am not going to let it slip away.

“Minzy?”

“Yes?”

“Err… about the performance…”

“What about it?”

To her surprise, Daesung stood and bowed his head towards him.

“Please teach me how to do a good performance!” he shouted while his eyes are closed. The people around them stared curiously.

Minzy sat again and smiled.

“Hey, you don’t have to do that.”

“Am I… am I ruining your image?” he said worriedly.

“What? Of course not. What image are you talking about?”

“Well, you’re cool and I am… not.”

I didn’t know he could be this emotional. I wish he would stop looking down at his self.

“Will you please stop saying nonsense things?” Minzy said reassuringly.

Daesung forced a smile.

“It’s like a dream come true… performing with you.”

Minzy smiled back. She has a lot of fans who always compliment her but Daesung is different. When he speaks, it’s like everything is coming from his heart.

“But I’m sure it’s really not your dream, is it?”

“You got me.”

They laughed together.