Chapter two

Sherlock is one of the most important people in Ken city. He had come, several years ago from the rural town of Andreco. He never knew his Parents. He grew up knowing only his uncle. He never saw or heard of any relative, distant or near. At first, he was what many would call a good boy. His uncle was an ex-service man and had all sorts for stories to tell him. However, when he was about fifteen, he met Daniel, a new boy who had just come into town. Daniel was a petty thief. His presence soon rubbed off on Sherlock who became fascinated by how easily one could get things, without having to earn or work for them. The duo then began picking pockets, stealing from homes, shoplifting, and other small time stealing.

One day, Daniel introduced Sherlock to a gang. This gang did a lot of robbery and was never caught. They went to big cities, robbed stations and shops, then retreated to Andreco to share the loot. The boys were never allowed to follow the others on any of the operations. All they did was run errands for the rest.

Sherlock's involvement with the gang changed him. His relationship with his uncle deteriorated. His uncle scolded him all the time, warning him of dangers of being a crook, all though he never really knew how deep his nephew had gotten into crime.

Things went wrong when Sherlock came home, late one night, drunk and feeling high. He met. He met his uncle, who had been waiting anxiously outside. He had, form rumors gotten to hear of some of his nephew's evil acts.

"Hey. What are you doing out here?" He asked, completely sloshed.

Mr. Fleming, his uncle stood looking at his hopeless and already ready for hell nephew.

"Where've you been Sherlock?" He asked.

"Look here old man, if you've got nothing doing out here, why don't you go hang yourself in that bedroom? " Sherlock blurted out.

"Sherlock," Mr. Fleming said angrily, he was red, "you are worthless, you've got no use at all, and very soon you will find yourself in hell."

"Yeah old man. Keep up the sermon." Sherlock muttered, staggering a bit.

"I'll tell you something you'll really like to know. I'm going tonight to tell the cops of your gang's little hole of a hide-out." Mr. Fleming said, " And by tomorrow, your gang would have been extinct in history."

With these, he turned to go into the house. But it was too late. His angry nephew pulled out a knife, aimed at his neck and threw it. It caught him on his throat, having pierced through the side of his neck. He shrieked and went down. Blood spilled around. Sherlock went over and pulled out the knife from his neck without the slightest feeling of remorse. More blood spilled as Mr. Fleming violently squirmed. Sherlock looked around; no one in sight.

He dragged the corpse to the back of the house, and in a few minutes, Mr. Fleming's body ended up in flames. Sherlock fled for the gang's hide-out. A week later, cops busted the hide out, and arrested all the gang members. Sherlock and Daniel were away at that time, stealing groceries for the gang. When they saw the cops whiz past in their vehicles, they knew the game was up. They gathered up what they had stolen and fled. They went to an abandoned cottage by a river.

They lived on the groceries they'd stolen for days until it was all finished. They then began using the little money they had. Life in the cottage soon became unbearable for both. The winter colds, and the hunger and having to constantly be on the look-out for the cops drove them over the edge.

They then decided to come up the Ken city, but then, there was a problem. Cops were on the look-out for them. So, using a stolen motorcycle, they managed to arrive at Ken city. They settled in an unused shack in the most undeveloped part of the city, after wandering for days. Lucky for them, the cops only had their vague description, and no one knew them in Ken city. They started with picking pockets. This way, they lived for six months before starting other acts like stealing from homes and shop lifting.