They're living together...yay?

"Who is she?" Ken's mom in a whisper-scream.

"She's Rochelle. Her brother was about to rape her And has before according to the police, her father also abuses her," Ken answered in a monotonous voice, repeating what what the police had told me.

"Oh.. Maybe she should go to the doctor to see if she is okay." Brenda, his mother, suggested.

"Yeah but can she stay here til she is ready to go back home, I feel bad. Have you seen her scars?" he asked.

"I don't think she should go home til they find her a relative. I'm happy she is staying. It was so sweet of you TI find her some of her things and let her stay in your room darling," Kathy, his step mom told him. Brenda had him with his father, Kyle, but he became a drug addict and Brenda met Kathy, one thing led to another and Ken was the ring barer at their wedding.

"Hello," came a hauntingly beautiful voice from the entrance to the living room. "I'd like to go home. Thank you for letting me stay but no thank you," she had her things and was walking out the door.

"Wait I'll walk you home," Ken followed her out the door.

"You sent them away," she stated clearly. "Now I have no one. All my relatives are dead. Are you happy?" Rochelle asked quietly.

"But they were-" Ken got cut off. "I love them even though they do all those things. Where am I supposed to stay now? I don't have a guardian," Rochelle was at the verge of tears.

"You can stay with me and my parents until you're twenty one..." Ken replied.

"Thank you... I think it's my only option,"

"Okay it'll be fun and if you want you can have the attic as a room and my older brother, he's 15, is coming back from staying with my dad and he's staying with us so you'll get to meet him too! He is getting the basement," Ken starts babbling about pointless things as they walk back home.

"Well it's great to have you!" Brenda exclaimed excitedly.

Kathy jumped around excitedly saying how they could do girl things together and something about "The daughter they'll never have"

Rochelle tried to look excited "If I am staying in the attic may I paint it? And can I please get some of the things I had at my home?" She asked politely.

"Of course you can paint it! And we can bring your bed, the attic is big and if you want we can have your dresser brought too and anything else you need," Brenda got her keys, "You can get stuff now and I'll buy paint!" she offered.

"No it's fine I have money. I'd like to pay you for your hospitality," Rochelle explained.

Kathy thought about it and agreed because she knew she'd want to pay too, they settled on $300 because Rochelle wouldn't go any lower.

They bought red paint and got her posters, her clothes, pictures, and a chest with a few things, Rochelle wouldn't say was in it.

Rochelle got one of her workers to bring her bed in a truck. They set up her room which was covered in pictures of her dad and brother and one large picture that was on her dresser of her mother.

Kathy explained that she can use the bathroom upstairs because they usually used the downstairs bathroom and wanted to give her privacy at first.

Rochelle opened the chest but there was a knock on her door. She slammed it shut and said calmly "Come in," Kenneth came in and smiled hesitantly.

"I got you something," he reached into his pocket an took out a box, "It's a charm bracelet that my dad gave me, he said to give it to someone important. Since this is all my fault I'd like to give it to...you," he bit his lip and opened the box, a silver bracelet with a half star, half heart, and half circle.

She stared at it in shock. "I-it's okay if you don't want it..." Kenneth said closing the box.

"No, no it isn't that but," Rochelle opened the chest quickly and took out a box with am identical bracelet, "My mom gave me this, she said that it was from her best friend as a child," Rochelle showed Kenneth.

"My dad said he had the other half for his first love, when he was in high school..." Kenneth explained.

Rochelle took the bracelets and connected the charms, "Best friends R+D," she read aloud. "My mother's name was Rose."

"My dad's name is Damion," Kenneth said, "The bracelet was actually a key chain, and he gave me the bracelet I've always kept the charms on a key chain but I wanted to give you this but not a key chain...my dad gave me the bracelet saying it was important," Kenneth smiled.

"How did your parents get divorced," She asked curiously.

Kenneth clear his throat, "He became a drug addict and my mom met Kathy, they fell in love. My dad hurt my mom but she is okay now and they got divorced. He's okay now but he lives in Canada, with my brother Derek." he looked down. "My parents are now friends, not very close, but friends,"

"I'm sorry," Rochelle said with sympathy. They were sitting against the chest. She hugged him from the side, the first sign if affection she had ever had for a long time.

"What about your parents?" Kenneth asked.

"M-my dad..." She began, "He k-killed," She didn't finish, she started crying.

Kenneth hugged Rochelle tightly, letting her cry, whispering soothing words into her ear as she calmed down.

She cried herself to sleep and he laid her on her bed. He curiously looked at the chest, opening it.

Inside he saw a silver blade, a red dress, a leather bound book, and maps, many maps. He found a compass, a globe, a camera, and an envelope.

He was about to open it when Rochelle woke up. "What are you doing?!" She growled at Kenneth.

"Nothing," He said closing the chest slowly.

"Never, ever look in that chest again. It is mine you had no business looking inside," She pushed him out if the room with amazing force and slammed the door.