two

After we had attended the ships main room to learn the rules, we were shown to our rooms. Me and Cal had a shared room with two small beds.  He started to unpack his clothes in half the dresser, but I decided I would do that later. I picked up my notebook and a random pen I found on the bedside table. I was kind of in a mind space of my own, and had no idea what was going on around me.
"Hey Mike, why are you drawing that stuck up kid from earlier? I told you, don't get caught up on him!" Calum exclaimed while rolling his eyes. I look up at him, then down to my notebook to see a long neck, and a familiar quiff on my page. "I had no idea I was drawing him. Sorry Cal." I mutter.

"Okay well I think we should look around don't you? Get our own little tour?" Calum asks while getting up and starting towards the door. "Cal they said they would give us all a tour tomorrow." I say while groaning. He gives me a pointed look and points to the door. I roll my eyes, grab my notebook and the pen and follow him out the door.
----------------------------------------------
"Excuse me sir, my family owns this part of the ship, we can't have random people on it." I hear a familiar voice. I look up to be met with bright blue eyes. It looks like someone took the ocean and put it in his eyes.
I ditched Calum a long time ago to simply sit on a nice looking bench to continue sketching out the beautiful boy. "I'm sorry. My friend was getting a bit irritating and I ditched him. My names Michael you know that." I say hoping he'll stop with the whole 'sir' ordeal.
"Okay Michael, may you please get off this part of the ship before my parents get pissed, they always seem to blame everything on me." He says while sitting down beside me. I raise my eyebrows because 1; he just said pissed, and 2; why is he sitting beside me (not that I'm complaining) "Well that sucks.... I'm sorry I still haven't got your name yet." I say while imagining what name this boy could have.
He looks at me, rolls his eyes and stands up. I feel a little bit of disappointment as he begins to walk away. "Lucas. Now get off this part of the ship or I may never live again." He says while smiling. Lucas. Luke. "Well that wouldn't be good, seeing as I hope I see you again sometime soon!" I shout back. He turns around fully and points to the door that leads to the other side of the ship.
I nod and smile. He isn't as stuck up as he seems, he's just got shitty parents. Once I'm back in my shared room I lay down on my bed and write 'Luke' in handwriting above his seemingly perfect quiff.
I began to dose off, so I hide my notebook under my bed and fall asleep.
----------------------------------------------
"Oh my god! He's sleeping be quiet Ash!" I hear Cal say while giggling. "You suck at being quiet Cal." I say but it comes out muffled from the pillow. I look up to see Calum and another boy with curly, long hair and hazel eyes beside him holding him up. "I'm sorry for disturbing your slumber, I found him outside a party he got kicked out of. He seems to be intoxicated." The curly-haired man says.  I mentally roll my eyes because no duh, he's intoxicated.
"That's alright. Cal get into bed bud. I'll get you aspirin for the morning." I say while standing up and going to my bag to get the aspirin I knew he would need, along with a warm water bottle.
I look back to see Calum in the mans arms, and the man looking at me questionably. "This is his bed right?" He asks. I nod and watch as he lifts up the covers with one arm, and lays Calum down with the other. He tucks Calum in like a child and brushes his hair out of his eyes.

"I'm Ashton by the way." I shake his hand and thank him for taking care of my friend. As he walks out the door, Calum whines. "Why do you have to leave Ash? We just met!" Ashton looks at me. "You can stay in my bed if you want. I already got enough sleep. Just don't do anything weird to him.  Alright mate?" I ask while grabbing my notebook. He nods and smiles. I shut off the lamp on the desk and shut the door behind me.

I wonder around the bus for a while before I find the familiar door that leads to the 'forbidden' area. I open it cautiously, and peek my head to the other side. Once I see that it's clear of people, I go to sit on the same benching did last time.
After what seems like hours, I finish colouring the sketch of Luke with my water colour paint pens. Once it dries, I roll it up, and fasten it with a beaded bracelet that I always have on my wrist.

When I look up at the sky, I see it's starting to get bright. I hear shouting from the door that lead to another room I'm guessing. "You can't control me all the time sir!" My eyes snap to the door hearing Luke's voice. " Whatever dad, I'm leaving for a bit." I hear him say. Not long after, the door opens to a tear-stained, flat haired Luke.
"What's wrong babe?" I ask quietly. He looks up and sniffles. I pat the bench beside me and he sits down. "Last month my parents set me up with this girl, and then I told them I was gay, and now my dad kinda hates me, and my mom is trying to set me up with a guy, and I have to meet him tomorrow. I don't want to meet him tomorrow though! I want to choose my own lover! I want us to actually love each other!"

He shouts. I shush him and pull him into my side. "No offence, but your parents sound like dicks. I would just meet him and see if you like him, and if not tell them. At least your moms trying." I say calmly. "I already know who he is kinda. His name is Christian Holmes, and he seems nice, but everyone says he beats his lovers. I don't want that. For me or for anyone." He says quietly.
I think about how my dad used to beat my mom. "I don't know what to say Luke. I've never been in a situation like this." He looks up at me. "Luke?" He asks. "Yeah. Luke. Lucas is too proper. Luke is more laid back." I say. He nods.

As I notice the sky getting brighter, I realize Cal will probably be awake anytime now. "I hate to leave you like this but I gotta go. My friend got drunk and he needs my help. If the guy touches you any way you don't want to be touched, tell me. I'll beat him up." I say. His eyes fill with sadness so I kiss his cheek. He blushes and I smirk.

"Don't open it until I leave." I say while putting the rolled up paper in his lap. He nods. "Bye Lucass." I smirk.
----------------------------------------------
\\Luke//
I watch as Michael walks away. I take the beaded bracelet off of the paper and put it on my wrist. I open the paper and flatten it out. I smile. It's me, with my name printed in handwriting above my hair. I decide I'll hang this up in the waterproof case I have for art.
----------------------------------------------
A/N: this is cute. Yes there will be side Cashton, but that is not the ship this story is about. The case is waterproof for a reason leuk. Fun fact; I've only watched the titanic once and I hope to read the book soon so this story is merely an idea from the small portions of the movie that I remember.