Chapter 4

It was less than five days until Hunter's new album came out. People were ranting all over social media freaking out about everything. It was a busy month for Hunter. We had gotten engaged and his album was coming out. According to Atlantic Records, Hunter's album was supposed to be as big as a Blake Shelton album. That made him really excited.

I walked down the stairs of the second floor onto the first. Hunter was standing in the kitchen reading his phone. I slowly and quietly walked over to him and put my hands on his shoulders.

"Whatcha doin?" I asked him in a little girl tone.

"Just reading all the tweets from my crazy fans. They're all going crazy about this month. And half of them are socially crying about our engagement.." He said laughing.

"Well, they will just have to deal with it because you're allll mine." I looked up and gave him a playful smile.

"Of course." He bent down to kiss me.

As surprisingly as it sounds, I was actually shorter than Hunter. He is only 5'6", but I have been 5'1" ever since the eighth grade.

"So what are our plans for the day?" I asked him while walking into the living room.

"I'm not really sure, I was thinking that since it's going to be rainy most of the day we could just hang out and watch movies and cuddle.. if that's okay with you?" he said winking at me.

"Well that sounds good too." I said winking back at him.

The rain had already started, so I guess we were going to be watching movies and cuddling all day. Which was totally fine with me.

~

It was finally the day that Hunter's album came out. We were both so excited, but so nervous.

"I'm so scared Aubree, what if the critics and my fans don't like my music? What if it's not good enough?"

"Hunter, I can promise you everyone will love your music. It's so amazing. Beyond belief. You just need to have a little faith to fall back on." I said winking at him.

He chuckled a little, but nervously. He sat there looking on the computer and his phone.

"Babe, will you please go to iTunes on your phone in case I can't access it?"

"Sure thing."

I grabbed my phone and clicked onto iTunes. There was literally two minutes until midnight.

"IT'S OUT IT'S OUT. CHECK TO SEE THE RANKING!" Hunter yelled of excitement.

"OKAY OKAY" I yelled back jokingly.

His album was making its way to the top of the chart. I couldn't imagine all the people that were already buying it. Hunter and I couldn't even put our phones down. The only way that we would put them down is if his album ever made it to the top five. Which I had a feeling that it would. But I bought it too, for my own satisfaction.

Less than a full hour later his album hit number four on the charts of iTunes. We were both so unbelievably excited.

"AUBREE IT'S AT NUMBER FOUR, OH MY GOSH. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

"Baby I am so proud of you!"

I turned and kissed him. I couldn't believe that MY boyfriend was a huge and successful country singer. I couldn't even imagine life getting any better at this point. I was on cloud nine.

~

I couldn't believe that my album was already at the top of the charts. It didn't even bother me that it was at number four. As long as it was in top five, who was I to brag. I couldn't believe how many loyal fans I have. This was such an amazing feeling. I was so happy that Aubree could be there for me all along. I know how stressful this was for me, let alone her.

"Oh my Heavens Aubree. I am so happy. I can't believe this is happening to me. I never would have thought in a million years that my music would ever be this famous!"

"Well you really worked for it. You deserve it!"

"Wow, can you even imagine all the places we will be going on tour. We'll be going all around the world Aubree! And I'm so glad that I will get to experience it all with you!"

"I know babe. It will be so amazing. I can't wait to see the list of places that we will be going to!"

All of a sudden my phone started buzzing like crazy. Of course, it was all of my crazy hayniacs.

"Oh my gosh, have you seen twitter? The fans are blowing up about how much they love the music!"

"See! I told you they would love your music!"

I felt like I was on cloud nine. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment for me. It was an absolutley amazing feeling to see that all my hard work on my music had payed off. It's not just a passion. It's a lifestyle. Music is my everything. My life would be so dull without it. But now of course, I needed to thank all the fans for the dedication and devotion to my music also. I could NEVER be where I am without them.

"Dear fans, I would like to thank you all SO MUCH for buying the album and all of your dedication. Where would I be without you?!"

I wanted to write more, but the 140 character limit always ruins it.

~

Oh my goodness. I can't believe how hectic this past week has been. First, Hunter came out with his new album so obviously everyone has been buzzing about that. Especially me. Second, some of the songs off his album have made it to the radio, which has also kept us buzzing. And third, we are waiting to get the list of places to go for his Lets Be Crazy tour.

It was 9 degrees outside, and the snow was falling. Well, blizzarding actually. I was surprised to see that the mail man had actually delivered our mail today concidering how bad the weather has been. But I put on my coat, boots and gloves to head out and get the mail. We had to make sure that we didn't miss the list of places for the tour.

"Babe?"

"Yes?" Hunter called back to me.

"I am going to get the mail."

"Okay, please be careful!"

I chuckled quiely then walked out the door. At first I walked slowly to make sure there was no ice, then as soon as I grabbed the mail I slammed the mail box shut and ran up to the door.

"AHHH" I yelled as I slipped into the cement side walk. Wow, how dumb of me to run back up to the door when it is snowing outside.

Hunter quickly whipped open the front door and ran out to get me.

He grabbed my hands and helped me up.

"Aubree, are you okay?!" he said worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But how did you get out here so fast? I thought you were upstairs.."

"Well I figured you might've been in a rush to grab the mail, and concidering how clumbsy you are, I came down here to watch you.." he said kind of laughing.

"It's not that funny..." I said looking at him with a mad face.

All of a sudden I just started cracking up. It really was funny, I mean come on. Then he started laughing to. He held my hand as we walked inside and sat down at the counter to see if we got the letter from Atlantic Records.

"I GOT IT I GOT IT" I yelled.

He took it from my hands and wripped it open.

"All over the U.S, and JAPAN!"

"HUNTER THAT IS GREAT!" I ran and gave him the biggest hug, he then picked me up and spun me around. "Baby, I am so so so proud of you! You have worked so hard for this and I know that it means everything to you. I couldn't be anymore happy for you."

I kissed him. He kissed me back, and it wasn't just a small little peck. It was a long, and meaningful kiss. I could definitely tell that he was happy.

"So when does the tour start?"

"Um, let me check.." he flipped through the book about the tour. "The tour starts in one month!"

"Wow, thats really close!"

"I know, we better start packing up our stuff, we'll be gone for a year.."

"Okay, well its already 9 o'clock, so how about we pack tomorrow and go get ready for bed.." I looked at him with a little wink. I could tell he knew something was up.

I ran past him and went right up the stairs. He followed me. I loved how our relationship was. It was so playful and funny, yet serious and romantic at the same time. We absolutley loved being together and it was as if nothing could ever tear us apart.

I marched into the bathroom and took off all my clothes. I wanted to take a shower before going to bed.

"What are you doing? I thought we were going to bed?"

"Well I wanna take a shower before I get into bed. You're more than welcome to take one with me yanno."

He then took off all his clothes and hopped in to the shower with me.

He stood next to me and wrapped his arms around me. He started to kiss me passionatley like he never wanted to stop. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. It was kinda hard to kiss him while being in the shower, but I got used to it. It was these kinds of showers that I liked with him.

I backed away from his gravity defying kiss. "I think I should wash up now." I said laughing.

"Okay, babe." he said winking at me.

After we got all situated after our shower, we went straight into bed.

~

I slowly opened my eyes, and it was pitch black. I turned and looked at the clock to see that it was 2 a.m. Hunter was still laying next to me but he was sound asleep. I quietly got up and went down stairs and into the kitchen. the room was entirely black except for the small light on the fridge. I climbed on the top of the counter and just sat there, thinking about everything.

it was crazy to think that we will be gone in one month for an entire year. no one will be in this home. no one to just sit in the kitchen in the middle of the night to get all their thoughts out. no one to walk up the stairs to the second floor. no one to play music in the music room. nothing. it will be so empty.

then I just sat there, quiet. staring into nothing. thinking about my life ahead with him.

all of a sudden I heard him come down the stairs.

"I noticed you weren't in bed. what's wrong?" he said.

"nothing, I just can't sleep.."

"you sure? that's it?"

"mhm."

"it's not. tell me what's wrong."

"nothing, I just couldn't sleep so I came down here. and I just got to thinking.."

"about what babe?"

"just about everything. your album, the tour, and everything else."

"what do you mean.."

"well, I'm excited for the tour, but I feel as if I shouldn't be going.."

"why do you feel like that Aubree?!" he asked suddenly getting perked up.

"it's just that you'll be so busy and so I'm sure you won't have time to do much really. you'll be making more music soon and I don't know. it's just everything."

"babe... I will always have time for you. you know you're my number one. you going on the tour with me is so that I can spend time with you instead of you being so far away. I know I'm going to be starting to get busy but I will ALWAYS have time for you. that will never ever change Aubree. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hopped off the counter and walked two steps over to hunter, I wrapped my arms around him as he wrapped his around me and I nestled my head into his shoulder.

"thank you." I told him. Hunter was the first guy that has ever truly cared about me. any other person I have ever been with had blown me off, or never really cared. and this.. this I could feel was true. it was something real. and I loved it.

"now come on, it's like 3 in the morning. we should get back to bed." he said while kissing my forehead.

he held my hand as we walked up the stairs. when we got into the room we both crawled back into bed. he moved closer towards me, and I laid my head onto his bare chest. it felt so nice. I for once felt like I was where I belong.