Chapter Thirty One

I managed to find Jack's ex boyfriend, David's, phone number through various social media. Turns out, he was quite desperate on Grindr, his number was plastered in his bio, saying to call if they were down for anything. I rolled my eyes at the remembrance of this discovery, watching as Jack headed for the bathroom, hearing the shower turn on. I grabbed my phone and punched in the number, hearing it ring before getting an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this David? From Grindr?" I asked, lowering my voice more to sound just the slightest bit more seductive.

"Oh, yes, this is. Who might you be?"

"My name is Mark, but I'm only up for something fast," I paused for a moment, before adding, "Care for a bit of company?"

"Yes, definitely," He gave me his address, which I wrote down on a notepad I had. I thanked him, telling him I'd be there shortly, and went to the bathroom door, knocking on it.

"Yeah?" Jack called in response. I smiled softly at just the sound of his voice. He didn't know how much I was helping our relationship. 

"I'm going to the store, need anything?" 

"No thanks, see you soon," He shouted back.

Perfect.

~

I left the car, heading up to the porch, which was lit in the outside lights. They seemed grimy, but the neighborhood was quite grim in itself. It was the perfect setting for getting away with what I need to do. I noticed the doorbell, but it was dangling by a few wires, and decided it was best to knock. I made a mental note to wash my hands as soon as possible, as the door even seemed disgusting. The door swung open, revealing a man just a hair taller than me, clean shaven, nicely dressed, and tidied, black hair. I wouldn't have expected someone like him to answer from a house like that. 

"Hello, I'm Mark," I introduced myself properly and wondered if I should get straight to it or get to know who this guy is. Maybe I should see what kind of guy Jack is into and figure out why exactly it didn't work out, so I could learn from their fatal mistakes. From what I remember, Jack and David only broke up because David moved to America - I see how well that worked out for him.

"Your voice doesn't exceed you," He smiled, an Irish accent occasionally popping in and out. Living in America must've rid him of the majority of his accent. He gestured for me to enter the house. There wasn't much to the inside, but I could tell there was an attempt to make it look better. "I'm David, but you can call me Dave if you like."

"Tell me about yourself, David. I know we said a quickie, but I can't quite place that slight accent you have," I lied, knowing it far too well. He let out a nervous chuckle, scratching his head. 

"I was born and raised in Ireland, but moved to America with my parents. I miss the place, I do, America can't quite feel like home, and I left behind some pretty amazing people," His eyes seemed to sparkle when he mentioned leaving some people in Ireland, I wondered if he was thinking about Jack. "Some of them moved on to do great things. I'm sad I missed out on watching them bloom."

"Like who? Who were they? What did they do?" I asked, sitting down on the couch in the center of the living room, watching as he plopped down next to me. He was a bit scrawny, but looked as though he used to work out.

"Oh, an old boyfriend. He was a sweetheart, but we had to break up because of the move. I'm sure he would've broken up with me though if I stayed. He ended up becoming big on YouTube," He sighed, giving me a small smile as my hand found it's way behind me, gripping the handle. "His name is Sean, but he liked to be called Jack."

"I know," I hushed him and pulled the knife out, raising it high, watching the fear glisten behind his eyes. He almost screamed, but I plunged the knife deep into his throat, watching as the breath started to leave him as he gasped desperately, blood spilling around the knife and beginning to trail out of his mouth. I was almost startled by my own actions, but knew this had to be done.

He fell to the ground, continuing to attempt getting air down his open throat. He was on his side, shaking in pain. I got off the couch, circling around him, his eyes following me fearfully. I sat down next to him, eyeing the blade in his throat. I knew he'd be dead soon, but it'd speed up if I decided to rip the knife back out of his skin. My hand wandered around the handle, my face pulling up to his ear.

"Remember the moment this knife pierced your throat because it's the last thing you'll ever feel," I said softly, swiftly snapping the blade out of him at an angle. Blood seemed to spurt out of his mouth, but his head fell to the ground, limp. His eyes were wide open, stuck in endless fear. I went to his kitchen and grabbed a towel, wiping the blood off my face with a sigh. Going back to the body, I kicked his head, but he didn't move. His chest wasn't moving, so I figured he was dead. 

Thoughts of Jack filled my mind and all fears and worries left me. I had a therapist session tomorrow and decided I'd tell them Jack was comforting to me in stressful situations. Perhaps that was the only thing I had to pull out of this situation. I realized this David guy was nothing special. He seemed completely average, the only thing I could take out of this was to not be in a different country than Jack, which I was already planning on having him move in with me. This entire event seemed to have just been a kill and go, no knowledge acquired. 

'What a waste of space,' I thought to myself with a sigh, heading back home to my little Irishman - oh, and Felix. 

~

A/N: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, munchkins. So, I'm going to Vegas this Saturday (wooo, first vacation ever!) and I'm going to try and pre-write as many chapters as I can, but on the way there and back, I won't have wifi. I'll be trying to find a way to update while on the way, but no promises. :O Plus, I have no idea how much longer this will be - I have a couple more fic ideas that I can do after this, so we'll see where this goes! Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv u. <3