1

I am sitting in the dark. The voices are talking to me, telling me if I leave my corner I could be engulfed in fear, and I don't want to get scared again. Mummy told me I was sick and daddy told me I was cursed, but my brother tells me I'm special. They don't hear the voices like me, they don't know what the voices tell me or why I hear them, but I do.

Today they told me I had to leave, that I wasn't safe here, I asked them if I could say goodbye to my family but they said I could only say goodbye to lew lew, my brother, but I had to do it without telling him I had to go. The voices said he can't know; otherwise he'll tell mummy and she will shout at me again. The voices don't like it when she shouts, they shout back and sometimes it gets really loud and scary. Lewis taught me a secret though. He told me when the voices get really loud I have to shut my eyes and sing a song. Lewis is my hero, I love my big brother, but now I have to leave him.

"Lew lew!!" I run to my big brother and he hugs me tightly after he stops playing with his toys

"Lew lew, I love you, and you may be... 1,2,3! 3 years older than me" I say whilst showing him my fingers as I count, "But you're the best 8 year old brother in the entire world" I continue.

Before he replies the voices tell me it's time to go, otherwise mummy will try to make me take the horrible pills that make the voices go away. I tell her I like them and that they are my friends but she just starts shouting at me telling me I am a sick little girl, so I have to run away.

Because the voices don't like my mummy.