Chapter 2

***
Hello,hello ! Here I am after almost a month (oops!).On the gif up you can see Veronika's baby (so in love with this car thouhg).I hope you guys enjoy this chapter , so without further adue ;
                                                                                          ***

Chapter rewritten and updated : 3/3/2017

Veronika

I
pressed the blade into the man's cheek and watched the blood drip down his face.His eyes were shut tightly , pain evident on his face.

"PLEASE ! Stop this ! Stop !" the woman cried pathetically as she struggled against Igor who was holding her back without breaking a sweat.

I felt my blood boiling at her cries.She should be thanking me for saving her from this mindless monster tied to the chair.He raped her and abused her throughout their whole marriage , only bringing her pain and fear.

And yet here she was , pleading and begging for me not to kill him.She wanted me to let him leave?To let him breath?No way.

He betrayed me.The Russian Mafia Boss.The thought alone made me want to rip his throat out and watch life leave his eyes.

I turned around and looked at her.She was around her 30's , with wavy black hair that sat on top of her head in a bun.Her brown eyes held so much desperation and pain.She looked broken , way older than she was.

Averting my gaze toward Viktor who was leaning against the wall I nodded at him and I saw him stand up from the wall and pull the crying woman out of the house.

Smirking I turned to the man and said "Now the real fun can begin."

I took off my leather jacket and passed it to Igor who just chuckeled and caught it mid-air.Grabbing a gutter from the table I started to work.

Hours later .... Well let's just say that the man was no longer breathing.Viktor came to stand by my side and admired the work.

"Remind me to never piss you off Roni." He joked and handed me the jacket.I shrugged off his comment and put on my jacket.

"Where's the woman?" I asked , remembering Viktor led her out of the house.

"I got bored so I sent Igor with her.He's taken her to her family , but we'll keep tabs on them." He replied and I nodded.

When we left the house I looked at a group of my men and ordered "Clean up the mess." And they nodded respectfully and went it.

As I neared the car I noticed my reflection in the car.There was blood on my face and my eyes looked murderous.Glancing to the side I collected myself and got into my car.It was a white audi s4 and my pride and joy.

The engine roared as I turned the car on and we sped off back to the Estate.

"Irina called." Viktor said , cutting out the silence in the car , by mentioning my younger sister – I felt happiness by just thinking about her.

She was 17 years old and pure innocence.I never allowed her in the mafia world , purely because I didn't want her to get hurt.I vowed to kill anyone who dared make her cry.

When we were younger I never allow the monster that was my father lay a hand on her – instead he took out all his anger out on me.

But I never regreted that choice , as long as she was safe.

"Really?What did she say?" I asked.

"Oh firstly she rambled about some tv show but then she said she's coming to visit next week , since my dad is coming for work , she decided to tag alone." Viktor explained and I nodded.

Viktor's father Nestor took the betrayal of my father really hard.After all they have been raised together , destined to lead the mafia.

He never forgave himself for not stopping my father , but how could he when he didn't know?

But I didn't blame him , or anyone else.My father was a cruel and ruthless man.I was never allowed to leave the mansion , my father fearing someone would notice my bruises and scars and ask questions.

So he made up a story that I was training and studying for taking over my father's place – a half of it true , I was being trained , every single day , learning to use weapons,the quickest way to end a man's life – I was taught how to be a monster.

If it were up to him , the passing of the throne would've never happened.

My father would've rather died than watch me ; his weak daughter take over the Russian mafia.He would've rather died than see me cross him and become a boss.

Little did he know his beatings only angered me.Only woken up the beast within and fueled my anger.He didn't know he was creating a merciless monster , only capable of chaos and destruction.

**One week later**

"Yeah , okay.See you." I said as I hung up on Irina.Entering the kitchen I sighed in relief when I noticed that the maids were already here.

"I need you to make us all lunch and clean the house.Nestor and Irina are coming soon." I said and saw them nod.

Maria , a woman who took care of me and my wounds when my father was finished with me , approached me.

"You don't need to worry about anything honey , we'll take care of it." Maria said , her eyes shining with love.

"Thank you." I sincerely answered and went outside to find Igor and Viktor arguing.

Igor's girlfriend Mia was desperately trying to separate them but it wasn't that easy.

"I don't even know how you managed to be Veronika's second in command.You're stupid as fuck." Igor snapped and I saw Viktor lunging forward.

"Enough." I ordered and Viktor stopped in his tracks.

"What the fuck is going on here?!" I demanded as I walked up to them.Igor gave Viktor a glare and then turned to me.

"The fucker can't keep a conversation without losing his mind." He said and Viktor tried getting to him.

I put my hand on his chest and replied "Go blow off some steam." But when he didn't move I added "Now."

With a firm nod he was gone.Turning to Igor I shook my head and walked inside , "I do not want anymore of these petty fights or there will be serious consequences."

I saw Mia hugging him and calming him down , but our attention was taken when the gate opened and two cars pulled up.

The first car stopped and Irina ran out of it and straight into my arms.I smiled lightly and hugged her close to me.

"Ronnie , I missed you!" What you've been up to?" she asked smiling."Oh you know , the usual." I answered , making sure not to mentioned I tortured a woman this morning.

Viktor was back from his short walk and his frown was turned into a grin when he saw Irina , "Oh look isn't it my favourite girl?" he asked and Irina just laughed and jumped in his arms.

Nestor came out and we shook hands and I saw him nod in relief we were all okay."How are things back home?" I asked , starting up a conversation.

I was originally from Moscow but we are living in Los Angeles now – better for business.

"Everything's under control , if it were any different I'd call you , you know that." He answered.

Maria appeared at the door of the mansion and called "Lunch is ready!"

Luciano

"DANTE ! Give it back !" I heard a voice yelling from the kitchen which I only recognized as Nina's.I rolled my eyes , I've been searching for Dante for half an hour and the fucker was in the kitchen teasing Nina like a toddler.

Making my way downstairs I came across quite a sight.Nina was on her toes , her arms flapping as she desperately tried to get the pan Dante was holding above her head.

"Oh look at you , a little furious minion." Dante commented which made Nina's face go completely red.

Deciding it was time to show myself I entered the kitchen and came up to Dante who didn't realize it was me until it was too late.

He jumped back and dropped the pan , that banged loudly against the kitchen tiles.Nina stiffed a laugh and quickly took the pan , going on with her work.

Looking at Dante I added "I spent half an hour looking for my second in command because he is fucking incapable of answering his phone and I find him playing like a toddler."

He nervously scratched the back of his head , looking like a thief caught in the act."I spend the last half an hour calling you and what are you doing?Playing in the damn kitchen.Come on." I gesture to my office.

Upstairs ,I had a few things to discuss with Dante.We were planning a surprise attack on the Russians.Nothing special.We just needed them to back off.

Our meeting was cut short when the doors swung open.I was about to yell at the person who had the courage to interrupt me , anger coursing through my body.

My anger died down when I saw who was standing there.It was Matteo , Niccolo's cousin and the one I trusted most beside Dante and Niccolo.

As soon as Dante realized who it was he got up and hugged him.I walked up too and gave him a hug when Dante pulled away.
Matteo was sent back to Milan , our hometown , to investigate a street gang that was causing trouble and take care of the clubs.

"How you been man?" I asked , "Good.I brought a surprise though." He said and just then Bruna entered the room.

Bruna was a good friend of ours , her mother worked as a maid for my father while Bruna worked for me.She went back to Italy with Matteo and has been there for the past month , to help her mother who was sick.

She was short , standing at 5"2 but she was feisty and crazy – had the ability to drive a man nuts.Only reason she doesn't get into trouble is because I consider her a sister and can't stay mad.

She squealed and ran inside , her arms going around my neck.I just smiled and hugged her tight.After she let go , she gave a same hello to Dante.

"I missed you guys!How are you?I see you still haven't cleaned this place." She said , her nose scrunched in disgust as she looked around my office.It actually wasn't that bad but women liked to exaggerate things.

"Well you weren't here and if Luciano tried himself I'm sure that wouldn't end well." Dante teased and I fought the urge to shoot him right here , right now.

She playfully punched Dante on his shoulder and turned to me "I'm gonna go take a nap and then I'm going to take care of this." She said gesturing to the garbage , "I will need a lot of energy." And with that she was gone.

Taking a seat at the table it was time to figure out how to piss of my hot Russian rival...Did I just say hot?