Dark Pool of Tears

*Rewritten*

Hey everyone new or everyone who's been following me for quite some time! Quick disclaimer, any futher chapter for now on that has the word "Rewritten" at the top has been, well, rewritten. If there is anyone new, please keep in mind that I'd prefer if you'd wait for the other chapters to be redone though I can't force you to wait.

Also keep in mind that there is going to be a lot of changes since I do plan to make this more realistic. The Sequel, But You Still Don't Understand, is out and honestly you really just need to read this prologue and you can go on to that one without having read the rest of these chapters.

If you're interested in sneak peaks and updates please follow my Instagram which provides all of this^^

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new prologue!

~Kat

Warning⚠️

Mentions of triggering topics such as:
Abuse, death, and sexual assault

Word count: 2386

__________________________________

Then You Changed Everything
Prologue:
A Dark Pool of Tears

The first time Zane had seen his mother crying was when he walked through the door with Vylad holding his arm. The moment he stepped foot into his house, he felt his smile fall into a confused frown. His brother had loosened his grip and taken a step forward, gaze almost clueless but shocked. Zane's bright blue eyes were wide and immediately were darting around to look for his older brother though he was nowhere in sight. It frightened him more than anything.

"Mommy..?" His voice shook, subconsciously gulping and held his little brother close.

Looking into dull and sad orbs, they only stared at him in horror before she quickly dismissed him with one hand, "Please... Go upstairs."

It took Zane a few seconds to process her words. To process the blood dripping from her leg, the deep red slash being the cause of the liquid pooling onto their tiled floor. He parted his lips to speak but his mother only shook her head and looked down toward the ground.

Tears mixed with the dark pool.

It was frightening.

"Go..." She whispered, flinching at the same time her two boys did when the sound of breaking glass came from the kitchen. "Now."

For being his age, it would have been surprising to know that he figured out exactly what was going on. The realization hit him so suddenly that he didn't care if he gripped Vylad's wrist too tightly. He ignore his brother's whines of confusion as he dragged him up the stairs hurriedly and pushed through Garroth's room door.

His big brother simply sat on the floor with a terrified stare and the tears only fell from his eyes when the two entered his room. Vylad ran up to him, hugging him as if he wouldn't get another chance too. For once, Zane felt true fear. One where it made him believe that they wouldn't get a chance to hug once more.

Yet he stayed in his place, feet unmoving. Despite already knowing the answer, Zane swallowed the lump in his throat and asked in a small voice, "What happened to mom?"

Garroth tensed up, pulling Vylad closer to him as he averted his gaze back toward the wall he had been staring at previously.

Zane knew they all didn't want to hear the answer but... They had to.