13: Captive

Five humans burst through the door to the arsenal and rained bullets upon the soldiers. The mothership was happy, her plan was working. They shot down all but the furthest creature from the door, then pinned him to the floor by his hands. This soldier emitted a high pitched clicking noise, then went limp.

"He was laughing," Dylan relayed.

"We just beat them and captured him. Why would he be amused?" Emma asked.

Dylan found a strip of fabric and made a makeshift pair of restraints by cutting it in half, wrapping the halves around the alien's hands, and pinning the fabric around the alien's wrists to the wall with knives. What they didn't realise was that it wasn't necessary for all of the soldiers to be killed for the mothership to create more. Four aliens emerged from the floor as the humans contemplated ideas, the other broke free from the wall, and they crept up behind the oblivious humans. Before they knew it, the five were being dragged over to a hidden door at the back of the ship.

Soldiers pushed them into a jail cell of their enormous prison of metal stronger than titanium. A jail to hold Ridhel. Dylan sat in the corner muttering crossly to herself and hugging her knees, her style of capturing seemed mediocre compared to this, and there was a jail right under her nose! The sound of humans moaning and crying resonated from down the long path leading to the back of the jail.

Dylan started tossing wild escape ideas, like climbing the oddly horizontal bars out, or attracting the guard and stealing the keys, neither would work. Suddenly Dylan jumped onto her feet.

"I feel so stupid!" She pulled out her holster, revealing the pistol shaped alien gun replacing one of hers. "I couldn't help myself."

She strolled over to the door, slid her hand through the bars, pointed the barrel of the Ridhel gun at the intricate lock and fired. The lock opened with a click.

The group gratefully exited the cell, and stealthily made their way back  to the main room.