The dress was stunning

In all the excitement of the past few hours, I had almost forgotten that the party was not actually still happening.

Returning to the bedroom, it was time to reveal to Leo, the dress I had chosen for him. I had kept this part a secret too.

Rather than have him wear one of his mother's dresses, I had been out during the week and bought him one of his own, one I knew would not only be absolutely adorable on him, but that I was sure he would also love.

I headed straight to my closet where it  was hanging and pulled it out, still in its protective plastic bag.

I unveiled it and held it in front of myself for a few moments, so he could get a proper look.

"I bought this two days ago, just for you to wear, I hope you like it. It's a Velheim Couture designer label and it's one of a kind. I thought you might prefer to wear something extra special for your very special night, rather than one of my dresses again. What do you think?"

"Oh mom, what can I say? It's beautiful, but you shouldn't have. It must've cost you a fortune. And for only one night. What were you thinking? You know I would have been happy with one of yours."

"Yes I did know that, but I wanted this night to be special. Like I said before, if we're going to do this, let's do it properly. You should have your own dress. Come on, let's get it on you."

The dress was stunning and wanted it for myself.  Truth be told, if it really is only on night, the dress is going on my closet and in will get my money's worth out of it, but honestly, I don't believe this will only be a one thing.

The dress was a long black ball gown of a cut that was designed to hug the body but flared out below the knees. There were several layers to the skirt, but rather than being black, each of the layers underneath was a different bold color; one was a beautiful red, one; a bright blue, another; brilliant yellow and the last; a delicious orange.

These flashes of color would be revealed playfully whenever the dress was in motion; through Leo moving, walking, or sitting down. It fastened up the back with an invisible zipper and two thick black straps merged to form a V at the front whichbwould reveal a little clevage, just a hint. A small silver broach was already attached to where the straps met, adding a little sparkle.

Leo removed his robe and left it on the bed. Still, in his beautiful slip, he kicked off the heels he had been practicing in, then stepped towards me and held my hand as he carefully stepped into the dress. I pulled it up over him, and slowly raised the zipper.

To my surprise and relief,  it was a perfect fit. The dress hugged his figure, the skirt flared out and his chest held firm. His bustvline looked natural, real, and it appeared he had real cleavage.

I didn't allow myself to admire him for too long, as he still needed the shoes that went with this dress.

These too, were brand new; they were black, closed toe heels with red bottoms and a multitude of black straps that crisscrossed the top of his feet and up six inches of each leg. They were in his size this time rather than mine and had a medium sparkling silver spiked heel, making them look and feel even more special. This little extra height was just what he and the dress needed.

Still not done, while he slipped his feet into the shoes and admired himself in the mirror, I disappeared for a few seconds, returning with a sparkling silver necklace and the matching clip-on silver and crystal chandelier earrings.

To complete the set I fastened a delicate silver bracelet around his wrist and took a step back.

Finally, I went back to my dressing table and picked up my favorite perfume bottle, the one I only use on special occasions.

I sprayed several delicate squirts of perfume on Leo, one in his hair, one on either side of his neck, and one on each wrist.

Finally, we were finished. Leonard turned to face the mirror again, and I stood beside him, not quite believing what we had just done. I had well and truly turned my son into a beautiful girl.

It was at this point I began to wonder if I had taken things too far. Had it really been Leo's dream to dress this convincingly, or was I just fulfilling my own dream of having a daughter?

The designer dress, the professional makeup, the expensive wig and underwear, all this for a friend's birthday party? And then, the fact that the party was canceled and I still went ahead with it all anyway . . .

As I stood there admiring how completely I had erased all traces of his masculinity, I began to feel quite guilty. But as I looked, Leo made eye contact with me through the mirror and a beaming smile spread across his face.

Seeing the joy in Leo's eyes, I began to realize that he really had enjoyed the whole process just as much as I had.

"I don't know what to say, but . . . Mom, you have made me look amazing. Looking at the girl in the mirror is causing me to not even feel like a boy at all right now. This dress is just the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and what Miranda did with my hair and make-up, I never thought it would be possible. I can't wait for everyone to see me at the party, they're going to be speechless."