chapter 8

i'm so sorry for all the publishing of this chapter but wattpad won't let me save it, it just publishes automatically.
i'm finally publishing it completely now. oh my god that was frustrating. i wrote like half of the story then it didn't save 🫠

harry's pov

10 weeks since Rose died, i miss her everyday. wishing to have her still growing in my belly. i should be in the third trimester, taking birthing classes with Louis and finishing the nursery. but instead i'm grieving.

-

Louis and i are sitting on the couch, listening to our old songs when "Home" comes on. my heart aches for Rose. Louis said he's writing a song for her that he started when she was alive. my heart breaks seeing him hurting, i don't know how to help him, i can only comfort him during his pain.

Niall and Jasmine have been bringing us dinner twice a week and eating with us. it helps so much knowing they care even after all this time. Jasmine even brings a fresh flower from her garden each time and leaves it next to our daughters urn. i never thought i would ever see that happen.

Zayn and Liam are hoping to adopt a child. they've been waiting for 18 months. we went on hiatus 2 years ago. during that time they have been fostering animals, they have had two foster fails, two beautiful dogs. a beautiful American pit bull terrier named Fairy, she's 5 and is the sweetest dog i've met, who also adores Otis. their second pup, Custard, is a bull mastiff puppy, she's 14 months old and already massive. she also loves Otis but not as much as he loves her.

we're all having a barbecue tomorrow since the weather is warming up and it's been awhile.

-

it's 9:30 and Louis is downstairs preparing our fruit platter for the get together. the only rule is no apples. i still can't look at the mustard without crying. i don't think i'll ever be able to throw it out knowing i only brought it to feed our daughter. it makes it all real, makes her real.

i get into some nice pants and a button down shirt with a nice floral pattern. i hate getting dressed now. i should be buying bigger clothes, not able to fit in any of this. i struggled to fit into my pants and finally got some maternity jeans the week before her death. i check myself in the mirror, hands falling down to my stomach. i wish i still had her heart beating inside. i wipe away the tear running down my cheek before leaving the room, turning toward Rose's room.

i hold my breath as i open the plain white door, light flooding the room as i take it in. boxes everywhere, beautiful dresser drawers against the far wall and the rocking chair in the corner beside me. the bookshelf i put on the wall still with some books still sitting still. not touched in weeks. the book i was reading to Rose is still open on the floor. i look to the chair and there's a very small blood stain. barely noticeable in the soft dark blue cushioning. my throat feels swollen as the tears begin to spill out of my eyes. i hold my belly as the hot tears pour down my face.

i walk to the chair i once sat on everyday, as i sit down and it rocks back, i'm taken back to when i would fall asleep by the rocking of the chair. i continue crying my heart out sitting back in the chair when i hear footsteps coming closer. i look up to see Louis leaning on the doorframe. tears in his eyes as he sees me sobbing.

Louis walks toward me and just grabs me into a hug, kneeling on the floor below me.

"i miss her, Lou!"  i yelled as i tightened my grip on him.

"me too, haz, me too," he whispered through the tears.

we cried, just holding each other for a few more minutes when we heard the door bell going off.