Breaking to pieces

-2- 

I held my hands to the car windows as I mouthed 'Mum'.

"Are you wimpering in the back, there?" Asked the fat policeman.

"What do you care? I wondered. You didn't even let me say goodbye."

I wiped the tears that were furiously escaping my eyes.

"There will be plenty of time to say goodbye when you get to the station, you can use the phone."

I sat in the back angrily with my arms folded, I wiped the window which was being splattered by pouring rain to look at all the pedestrians run freely with newspapers over their heads, those big multi coloured umbrellas, some people were even carrying their babies over their heads! Okay, I'm exaggerating. 

I didn't like silent car rides, just another excuse for you to have several memories juggling around your head, some nice, some not so nice.

I pulled up at the station with these two big policeman, it felt so awkward leaving the car with all these adults with fancy looking suits identifying that they may have fancy jobs just looking at me, surprisingly there weren't any people may age out.

So I called my mum and then asked her to pick me up.

"Where were you the night of Ayley Jordan's death?" 

I stayed quiet.

"What were you doing the night of Ayley's death?"

I stayed quiet and then blinked.

"Were you close to Ayley?"

My face remained as still as a statue.

"We can do this all night girl but until you answer some questions, you aren't going anywhere."

I then rolled my arms leaned my body forward and then my lips finally started to move.

"I shouldn't be here okay, I've been wrongly framed, the girl died last night, why of all people would I be the first suspect? I tell you why, someone called 999, gave you my details including my address, you then decide to bring me back here with no evidence that I did it, you-you-you, yeah, whilst we're speaking you are letting the real culprit run free, they could be destroying more lifes with one knife or bullet, you really want those questions answered so badly let me tell you something the night of Ayley's death I was taking care of my mother at home, she's sick, which is why I needed to say bye but no you guys with your big egos don't give anyone a chance do you, well at least not in this town."

The policeman seemed stunned still but then the bigger one started to speak, it's always the big guys nowadays who seem to have more confidence in these jobs,

"Well, that's two out of three questions answered, but you have failed to tell us whether or not you were close with the victim."

"What does it matter? I yelled. If you must know, I didn't even know the girl, she has a sister whose in her class, you know maybe you should put your sister down as a suspect, it's always the relatives that are harder to unveil when they are the culprits!"

"Her sister? Are you serious?"

"See what I mean, you find it so incredibly hard to believe just because they're blood, but sometimes it's the people who should be as thick as blood, because in reality they have a relationship as thin as water."

"You're not at a spoken word event stop trying to get all intellect with your words."

I gave him a dirty look and then he cleared his throat, I then could have sworn I heard my mother in the distance.