Chapter 1: 1st day - Sunday's Melancholy [ Part 1 ]

Tokyo, Shibuya Aoyama Street.

A girl sighed as she leaned on the metal fence, waiting for her friend. Peeking from her white jacket hood, she glanced up at the sign that wrote 'Mock Exam Hall', she wondered how her friend fare in the exam as he was not exactly the brightest in school.

She fiddled with the long white bunny ears, with a pair of blue line in smaller bunny ears shaped run down vertically on each ears, that attached to her hood as she look around for her friend. Seeing him nowhere, she pulled out her MP3 player and clicked several times to choose a song. Once she decided on one, her eyes fluttered closed as she listened to the music that played softly from the speakers that was concealed in her hood.

She heaved out a sigh, He's really late...

"Hibiki!!!"

She look up when her name was called, her eyes lit up when a boy dressed in light gray uniform with black chemise collar shirt and blue necktie running up to her. His styled light brown hair and yellow scarf that matched his yellow shoes fluttered as he rushed up to her quickly but his green side-bag had made it a little hard to run. His brown eyes bright but hold an apologetic glint when he realized that he had made her wait.

Grabbing her hood, she pulled it off and revealed a short tuft of lush black wavy hair that curled around her heart shaped pale face perfectly and brushed against her pale rosy pink cheeks. A pool of bright blue eyes brighten and softened at the sight of her friend, her soft pink lip curl up as she gave him a smile.

"Daichi!"

"Did you wait long? Sorry 'bout that" Daichi smile apologetically, his hands clasp flat together and stop in front of her as Hibiki pushed herself off the fence and pulled off her MP3.

"Don't worry about it" Hibiki reassured smiling as she tucked her MP3 wire into her light blue trouser. Daichi grinned, his mood brightens when he learned that Hibiki was not mad by his tardiness. As expected of Hibiki.

"So, how'd you do on your exam?" Daichi asked curiously.

"I wonder" Hibiki hummed in wonder and shrugged nonchalantly, obviously it's either that she had done great or she was not bothered by it at all. "I really dunno" She inclined her head and gave him a smile, "I bet you'd do better if you just applied yourself"

Daichi sigh, his shoulders slumped down. Hibiki was composed and calm as ever. "Not everyone can study like you" He look up at her and pouted before look away with his eyes closed and his face set in a defeated look, "I'm 'done for' in a bunch of different ways. I'm seriously screwed"

"Souda ne" Hibiki tilted her head and smile when her friend snap his head to look at her in surprise.

"Heh?"

"But it was just a practice exam, so don't worry about it" Hibiki gave him a reassuring smile. She was sure Daichi had done well but if not then he can study harder and give his best in the real exam.

"Nuh?" Daichi furrowed his brows down at his friend, "You sure are calm...You cheeky bastard!" Daichi narrowed his eyes down and pound on her. He grinned as Hibiki yelped in surprise when he headlock her.

"Take that! And that!"

"Hey, that hurts!"

"This is divine punishment!!"

Daichi and Hibiki grinned at each other and laughed as they wrestled and struggled in each other hold. Despite having opposite gender, the two found no difficulty to act freely and comfortably in each other presence. They were best friend after all.