Chapter 4: 1st day - Sunday's Melancholy [ Part 4 ]

Once the three made out from the destroyed station. They gasp at the destructed city, their eyes widened when they saw how crowd it was outside. Shibuya was as destroyed and ruined as the station. They could see people trying to call and reach for someone, friend or family.

"Move that! Hurry!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Th...T-This can't be..." Daichi stuttered looking around them in horror, "The city is..."

"Breaking down..." Hibiki ended softly, looking at the large broken but still working broadcasting screen with wide eyes before she pulled out her phone to look at the Nicaea site so she could try to understand it more. What she had saw had her froze and stared at the screen with unreadable look.

"This is an emergency broadcast. A large-scale calamity occurred around 1:00 PM"

"No friggin' way" Daichi murmured shakily, "Just look at this place..."

"There are no details yet"

"It's terrible!" Io clasp her hands together.

"But massive casualties have been reported in the city"

"Was this because of the demons?" Io wondered as she listened to the repeating broadcasting. Hibiki remained silent, staring at her phone. On her screen was a box said that it was downloading, 41%. She wondered if this was about her demon, considered that Io and Daichi have one. It would make sense that she too would has one. But why was the downloading so slow? She mused with interests and wonder, Is the data so big?

Just what the hell is going on? Hibiki bit her lip.

Hibiki look around, she could see officers and rescue teams trying to calm people down and helps those who were still stuck inside.

"Hello, Mom?" Daichi spoke into the phone, trying to block other noise out as he listened to his mother worried voice, "Yeah, I'm at Shibuya. I'm with Hibiki"

The three look up when the broadcast screen shut down and people around them gasped in alarm.

"Huh?" Daichi focus back to his phone, only to find that it's no longer working, "Hello? Hello!?"

Hibiki look at her friend.

"What should I do...?" Io bit her lip, looking down at her phone, worried "It won't connect..."

"Move! Please stand aside!"

Hibiki look to the side when she heard someone yelling. She could see rescue team marching through the crowd of people who were trying to stand aside and let they walked pass. Hibiki look at them and blink when she realized that they were trying to get into the station. She quickly headed to them, dodging people around her.

"A subway train's overturned" She informed the rescue man once she reaches his side, "There are still survivors..."

"Hey, get back" The man cut her off and push her back.

Hibiki gasp and stumbled back. She stood behind him when the man was push back too by some people in black trench coat with gold lines.

"Who the hell are you?" The rescue officer asked, his eyes narrowing down at the man in front of him as Hibiki inclined her head to look behind the man. She could see those man in black trench coat put on a yellow tape around the entry of the station.