Everything is a Trap

A-N: new writing style based on Homestuck! Command-writing, as if YOU, the READER are the character.

====> Zane, think.

Stupid human.

Stupid stupid STUPID.

Didn't his parents ever tell him he shouldn't pick up wild animals?

Ugh. You hate being called an animal.
Yet you call yourself one. You hate yourself. Why couldn't you be dead or just a plain fox? Not Stranded and fox? You used to be human. Those were the good days. 'Good' as in not completely miserable.

You glared at Travis. He had let you go, but he was really clingy. Or maybe it was just the fact that you're not used to contact.

"I don't need your aura to heal you know." You said harshly. Well, harsh in fox standards. Your... 'Kind'... The 'Stranded folk'... Use each other's aura to heal. And you can use a human's aura, but you don't want to. You want to be left alone. Every time you interact with humans it ends up in failure and hurt and big black monsters....
You feel a sudden drop in your chest. As if it went numb. You shake a little and hope the Human doesn't notice. You want to hide, to get under something. It's been so long since you were civil that you barely remember how to be.

You shake that image from your head and look at Travis. He was talking to you but you were too deep into your thoughts to hear.

Fuck him.

"what?"

He shoots you a sad look. It makes you angry. What does he have to be sad about? Its not like he hasn't been ignored before.

"You didn't listen? I said a whole bunch of stuff."

Oops.

Couldn't have been important.

"I said you can use my aura all you'd like. I used to have a friend that would get hurt a lot so he would 'leech' off of me. It didn't hurt but he didn't like to do it. Oh leech is when-"

"I know what Leech means."

He thinks I'm a stupid fox doesn't he!?

"You don't have to spell everything out for me. Irene if I was that stupid I wouldn't know what a microwave was or something."

You brushed your hair out of the way.
He must've seen you struggling with it because he grabbed a brush and scissors.

Is he going to cut my hair?

"Do you want me to cut your hair?"

Yup. Just as I expected.

"No, I'm fine." You glared at him. He better not touch your hair. Your hair is like your mane. It poofs when you get threatened so you look bigger, more threatening.

He reached out to touch it, and you glared, growling.
"I said DON'T"
You spat at him.

Stupid human.

A few minutes later he began to brush it, which you had to admit felt nice.

====> Travis, groom the fox

You are now the human. What will you do?

===> Travis, brush his hair

His hair felt so soft, if only it was brushed. You carefully brushed, watching him glare at you. You didn't care, he needed a good brushing.

You sighed. "This would be easier if you could just be a fox and let me get my cat brush."

He scoffed and slowly shift into a fox. It was beautiful. He glowed like some kind of fairy.

You decided that was what he must be. A fairy.

A beautiful fairy.

A-n: yyyooooo how are you people I haven't been on here in awhile! Short chapter but here's an update! I'll write more some other time.