Chapter 2

I pulled into the school parking lot just like I had so many times before but something felt different today. I figured it was just because I was a senior now and this year was supposed to be my best year. I doubted that but I suppose it could be true. I parked the car and got out, Carter and Eliza followed after me. I grabbed my bag and proceeded towards the school.

"Do you guys feel different today?" I asked them as I walked backwards.

"No, it still feels like this is stupid and pointless" Carter quickly replied.

"Maybe you're just excited for senior year and you are finally ready to admit it?" Eliza was hopeful but I wasn't so sure that was it.

Before I could answer, I bumped into someone and hit my head off of there's. They stumbled back a little as I remained standing. I turned and saw a guy rubbing the back of his head. Something about him felt familiar and oddly enough, safe.

"I'm really sorry, are you okay?" I said as I helped him gain his balance fully. I knew the minute I touched him that he was a wolf from a different pack.

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you. Next time try not to walk backwards maybe?"

I laughed and shrugged, "I'm usually better at it. Are you new here? I've never seen you before"

"Yeah, funny story my older sister recently took over as Alpha and decided that anyone under 19 had to go to school"

"Well that sucks, I've had to go to school since I was 4. Were you home schooled before?"

"Yeah so I'm actually ahead of what they'll be teaching this year"

Before I answered the bell rang, I was late on the first day. "I gotta run, see you" I took off running down the hall.

I got to my class in the middle of the teacher taking attendance. I quickly took a seat without him noticing I was late. Due to my werewolf abilities, I was quick and sleek. Most teachers don't notice me being late or if I leave early cause they can't really see me when I move at werewolf speed. The new guy entered the class and I waved at him, motioning for him to sit beside me. He smiled and quickly did so while apologizing for being late.

After the teacher finished the introduction to psychology we had about 20 minutes to talk. I turned to the him and stuck out my hand, "my name is Tyler". He happily took my hand and shook it lightly, "Mason". We talked for a while, mostly about his sister.

"So what's your sister's name?"

"Valerie"

The minute he said her name a shiver went up my spine, "Valerie?" It felt so normal coming out of my mouth, more then that, it felt right. I ignored the feeling and was thankful when the bell rang, I got out of there as soon as I could. The rest of my classes weren't with Mason and I was kind of thankful. I couldn't explain the feeling I had when I was around him or talked about his sister, mostly because I didn't even understand it.