Chapter 3

When I finished school I raced home. I couldn't stop thinking about Mason and his sister. They were in my mind all day and it made everything go by so much slower. In fourth period I literally started banging my head against the desk because my math teacher dragged on about her depressing summer.

When I walked in I heard yelling coming from my dad's office. I couldn't tell who he was yelling at because I didn't recognize the scent. I knew it was a women though.

"She cant be an Alpha! I don't care if your husband is dead! Rules are rules!"

"Please Alpha Cyrus, we have no one else to look after the pack"

"There's a reason that we have Beta's. They will take over until your daughter is married, I mean it Allison!"

"Yes sir"

The women, I knew was a Luna. She just coward to my father and didn't even try. This is why I refuse to be someone's Luna.

She quickly scurried out and left immediately without even looking at me. She was pale and skinny, bruises outlining her cheeks. It made me boil with anger that someone could do that to her or anyone. I walked with my chest out and head up to my dad's office, I was mad at him for yelling at that poor lady. I knocked loud and confidently, he opened the door almost immediately. He was surprised to see me, I could tell. I pushed past him and into the office, turning around to give him a scolding look with my arms crossed. He rose his eyebrow at me and closed the door, then mimicked my stance.

"What is it now Tyler?"

"You yelled at that poor lady that's clearly being abused, for no reason"

"You're right, she was being abused but her husband died suddenly and she came to me for help"

"Help?" I wasn't buying this at all

"Yes, their pack is the strongest pack in Canada, just in front of ours. She didn't want to lose that status so she wanted her daughter to become Alpha"

"So? What's wrong with that?"

"Tyler you know better then anyone that rules are rules. She isn't married and she must be before becoming Alpha"

"You can't bend the rules just a bit so that their pack doesn't have to worry about being threatened by other packs?"

"No, you will put this to rest and not speak of it again. This has nothing to do with you"

He made my blood boil when he said that, a low growl escaped my throat and I instantly regretted it. He bashed his fist on the desk and yelled/roared "ENOUGH!" I coward and looked away. The fact that he was still my Alpha and father made my wolf practically bow to him so he had the ability to shut me up.

"Now leave!"

I did as he said and got the hell out of there. I was still pissed but I knew I couldn't do anything about it. He wanted me to grow up and get married so I could become Alpha but yet he still treats me like a little girl. I ran up to my room and slammed the door behind me. I wasn't planning on leaving my room tonight, no matter how hungry I got.