Chapter 16

After my mini self-celebration, I walk back inside. When I look up I jump. Scott and Mitch are standing there with their arms crossing and lips pursing.

"Shit! You guys scared me." I say laughing.

They didn't say anything. They just stood there looking at me.

"What?" I say.

"Anything you want to tell us?" Scott asks.

How did they know about Anthony and I?

"About what?" I ask.

"About you and Anthony?" Mitch speaks now.

"What do you mean?" I say dodging the question.

"You guys are thing now." Mitch states. Smiling a toothless grin.

I look back and forth at their faces. I sigh in defeat. I won't be able to keep this from them. But why would I?

I let my shoulder drop and I look at the floor. I smile a little bit. I look back up to them.

"Yeah." I say. I look at the ground again. I start blushing really hard.

"I fucking told you so!" Mitch says. He pushes at Scott's arm but fails to even move him.

"Oh whatever!" Scott replies. He wraps his arms around Mitch's chest from behind and pulls him closer to his chest.

"NO!" Mitch screams.

Scott starts to tickle him. They both fall to the ground. Mitch wiggles free out of Scott's arms. Both of them are on all fours, breathing heavily.

I start laughing. They both look at me. Oh shit!

I start running out of the living room and to the kitchen. I can hear their footsteps behind me. I run outside and stop near the bar. They come running out and I run around the pool and they follow me. They split up and run towards me from both sides. Scott gets me first, he grabs me and pulls me with him into the pool. Mitch follows behind canon balling in.

We all submerge from the water laughing. Scott grabs the huge pizza and we climb on. We lay down and gaze at the millions of stars in the sky.

"Hey guys?" I say.

They both hum in response.

I want to start finding my real family." I say plainly. "Can you help me?"

"Of course." Scott says as he reaches down to hold my hand.

Mitch doesn't say anything. I wasn't expecting him to. He didn't have to say anything. Instead he did the same as Scott. He interlocks his fingers with mine. He holds my hand so tight. Like he doesn't want me to leave him. He rest his head on my shoulder.

We stay there floating around. Looking at the tiny balls of lights.

Tears roll down my cheek slowly. One by one.

These are not tears of sadness.

They're tears of happiness.

Sorry this was so short. This is mainly just a filler. I hope you still enjoyed it!!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I will try to update more frequently. I hope you had an amazing day!!!

❤️Sofia