Happy Birthday, Seaweed Brain!

Happy Birthday, Percy Jackson. 

Today, August 18, was the day where you saved the world from evil along with your brave friends.

Today, we fought with the demigods for our home.

Today, we followed you as our leader.

Today, we fought for the world. For family.

And now, it is all over. But it will always remain in our hearts even after the books close. 

We  followed you to find the Lightning Thief, we sailed the Sea of Monsters together. We fought against the Titan's Curse, and we escaped the ruthless Labyrinth. We believed in you as we fought for our homes with the Last Olympian.

We thought it was over.

But you came back.

The Lost Hero told us about you, and we believed again. Then, we saw you in a new home as the Son of Neptune, but you came back. You followed your best friend as she looked for the Mark of Athena, and your love and loyalty proved stronger as you fell for her. You made it through the House of Hades, and you survived as the Blood of Olympus fell.

Throughout this journey, you helped me realize things about myself that I never knew before- how I valued my family to be my main priority, and especially, how you always have to find the light in the darkness.

I cannot begin to describe how much this series means to me, and I want to thank Rick Riordan for telling the story of the savior that saved my life, our  lives.

Thank you, Percy Jackson, for being our hero.

-ShadowhunterDani