Chapter Two

I faced myself in the mirror.

I'm already dressed with my uniform.

Lavender long-sleeve blouse. Dark blue vest and pencil skirt. And a red scarf over my purple I.D lace.

I found myself staring at the mirror. The reflection I saw, it's just so dull.

I opened a drawer and reached for The Pink Headband. With a pretty rose and ribbon on it. Given on my 6th birthday. The Very Last Good Birthday I had.

It was just so..

/flashback/

I was getting ready to wear my pretty green dress, with those fluffy ruffles at the skirt.

My mom was braiding my hair, the fishtail one. Before turning it to a bun.

"Why, Oh why~?" she teased. "You look perfectly beautiful, Luna." she complimented me.

I smiled and gave her a hug. A hug full of love and joy as I felt our hearts beat as one.

I said, "Thank You, Eomma." with all my gratitude. Then gave her a full smile from my overflowing happiness.

We went out together to the backyard.

Where the party is getting started.

From my first up to this sixth birthday, everything was always grand. Always what I imagined and dreamed for.

It is filled up with balloons and little kids. I can smell the mixed aroma of the buffet.

Hmmmm~

I looked around. I was very amused. It was perfect. Everything was so, so perfect.

My mom lifted me up and went to the center to call out the attention of my visitors. I give her a warm kiss. And I can see her joy in her eyes. That made me delightful, too.

Just before the clowns was about to start the party. I saw a man from afar. Carrying boxes. Walking towards us.

I jumped out of my seat and ran towards him.

I shouted, "Appaaaaaa~!!" as I dash on the grasses to him while I bloom a smile on my face.

He knelt down to my eye level, and showed me a big smile. "How would I even miss your day, my Princess?" He said.

"Appa~ I'm very glad you came." I said. "I thought you were busy as you said." I pouted.

"Yes, indeed." he chuckled. "I was busy buying you gifts, and this boxes are for you." He said with a really glad smile.

He got The Pink Headband on his bag and put it on my smooth, flowing dark hair.

"Wow." that's all I can say. I'm speechless. I'm amused. I just love my dad tok much.

"You look very beautiful, Luna." he said. Then he hugged me. And he lifted me up, then kissed me on my cheeks.

/end of flashback/

It was just so happy to reminisce with. But still brings me into tears.

I quickly put it on the drawer again. Then I combed my hair in front of my face, to hide myself on the dark strands.

I glanced on my watch. With it's small ticking sound, it says its already 6:37 a.m., and my house is like 10 minutes away from my school. And I need to hurry myself up.

I rushed downstairs. Grabbed my backpack and put that pack on my back. I sneaked in at Mom's room and, YES! She's still deep sleeping.

I sneaked put to the outside of our house and quietly turned the knob on lock.