Ch. 3 The Revelation and Explosion

Steven's POV~

  I still can't believe that this woman knows my father. And she may even know things I don't about what my father was investigating. "What does he want me to know," I finally ask after a few minutes of driving. She clears her throat and says, "I'm going to get the hardest thing to hear out if the way first, since that's what I'd want." I nod slowly for her to continue.

  "Your father investigated your mother's death, as I'm sure you know. And he found evidence that suggests that maybe your.......mother isn't dead. And I knew you and your sister would want to know she's alive, so I had one of my dad's army friends do some major digging. They found out she was once a CIA field agent. So she can disappear without a trace," she says blowing my mind and heart to smithereens.

  I continue to drive as I let that possibility sink in. "Why would she do that to us? We grieved over her! Our family fell apart because of her death. My dad sent us away because of the nature of her death," I say venting a little. She touches my arm in a sympathetic manner and I feel a little tingle but I brush it off. "Your dad did that to protect you and your sister. Every time I came home and we talked he always, always mentioned the two of you. And he always wanted to be the one to tell you the things I will," she says with a lot of emotion in her voice.

Sara's POV~

  "Tell me more," he says slowly. I let out a breath and tell him how everything comes back to Wofat, always. I tell him how some of the cops in HPD are on his payroll. And how his father became aggressive in the way he spoke of the Governor. How he told me to never trust her. "One of the last things your father said the final time I saw him was, 'If I find out how this started I can end it. Because Wofat targets my family and friends for a reason.' And I promised him I would be by your side through it all if we ever crossed paths," I finish with as I noticed the car is parked in front of Dog's place.

  "I had my suspicions, but I never thought I'd be right. I was feet away from Wofat a few weeks ago and he's responsible for all this shit!," Steve says in pure rage. I have feeling he doesn't show this to anyone else. "I'm going to be here when ever you need me. And I know I have to earn your trust, and I will. You will soon see me as a friend and allie," I say matter of factly yet soothingly.

  "I'm not dragging you into this mess of a life I have," Steve says forcefully. I frown deeply and say just as forcefully, "I have a promise I intend to keep, no matter what! And I've been in this since the day John told me! When they find out I know everything......I will be their next target." He lets out a heavy sigh and turns his blazing blue eyes away from my grey ones.

Steven's POV~

  Even through all the shit she has told me tonight I still can't help but lust after her. I have Cat and I'm happy with her. But Sara's amazing grey eyes, her long wavy black hair that made me wince at the thought of her taming it for her uniform, her fearless attitude yet her features are soft, and her small and mind blowing body. And now she is telling me that no matter what she will be by my side.

  Before I hurt Cat in a way I would never dream of doing intentionally I say, "Thank you. I really appreciate it. Now go inform your boyfriend of your job change." She nods and steps out of the car. Her ass looks so good in the jeans she has on, UGH,  close my eyes tightly and put my head on the wheel. "I have a few videos with your dad in them if you want to see them some time," Sara says leaning back in the door. "I would love that," I say forcing a smile. She bids me a good night and walks away.

Sara's POV~

  When I step in the office I'm relieved to see the cameras gone and everyone present. I walk closer to where everyone is sitting looking at the white board. "Guys I need to tell you something," I say pulling their attention to me. "Please don't say you're being deployed again," Beth says in a worried tone. "No, not yet. But I think Leland and I need to discuss this first," I say with a slight smile. I motion for Leland to come to the back room with me.