CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Are you telling me that this girl is the Silver Wolf. Impossible!" the King barked. "The Silver Wolf is a failed experiment."

"Yes it is because my mate is not the robotic warrior you planned. She is the best of both human and wolf and you father, have created your biggest enemy." Lucas said, steel in his voice.

"The Silver Wolf was destroyed. I destroyed it."

"You didn't. She is right in front of you. The Silver Wolf lives. You've failed."

"Wait, will someone tell me what is going on?" I tugged on Lucas' arm in frustration. This was like a scene from some third rate sitcom and I was getting more and more restless by the second.

"Show yourself, girl," the king shouted as he shot out of his chair and with a shove, he sent the table flying. "What trickery have you been up to?" He stalked to me, his face terrifying in half transformation.

He flew at me with a growl. "Don't you dare touch her!" Lucas shoved me behind him and shifted mid way as he leaped at his father. Within seconds, both Alphas were in wolf form. Two huge, black wolves were clawing and sniping at each other, identical wolves in a flurry of movement. I didn't know which wolf was who and helplessly I turned to the Queen.

She was pale with fear, her hands shaking. The pungent smell of her fear mixed with the metallic smell of blood and I felt faint.

Give me control, said Raven and I felt my body shift. This time I was the spectator as I watched Raven fly at the wolves. Shoving the bigger one away, the surprise attack her advantage, she threw herself on the other one.

Submit. she ordered putting pressure on his jugular. The black wolf came to her side and bumped her.

It's over. Lucas said with a wolfy smile, pride visible in his eyes. He's submitted.

He bowed his head, blood seeping from his neck. She released him and turned to Lucas, he rubbed his body against hers sniffing her as he prowled around her and me, I guess. Sometimes, it was difficult to believe we were one and the same. The fiery her and timorous me. It will take time to get used to it.

The Queen walked over to me with a cloak as the king limped away, meek in subjugation. At the door, he threw a look of such hatred that I shuddered. Draping the cloak over me, she gave a tentative smile and then followed her husband out. The royal family was very strange.

Lucas nudged me. Shift back.

I nodded and let my body take over the transformation. Lucas pulled me into his arms, he was in a pair of old shorts. I swooned at the sight of his abs. Delicious!

"You were magnificent," he murmured into my hair. "Glorious."

I smiled at him shyly. "It wasn't me."

"What?"

"I'm horrible at this stuff. It was all her. My wolf. I couldn't even identify you." I explained, blushing in mortification.

"Chloe," he said bemused. "It's just a shape. Your wolf isn't different. It's just you in wolf form."

"Your wolf doesn't talk to you?" I cut in.

"Chloe, what do you mean by talk?"

Shut up, Raven ordered me, angry. Don't tell anything more.

I looked away from him and muttered, "Nothing. Just leave it."

No one should know about this, Raven told me and I shifted guiltily moving away from Lucas' penetrating gaze.

"What did you mean when you said the Silver Wolf was a failed experiment." I changed the topic but he was stubborn. "You know you can tell me anything right? We are mates," he cajoled.

"And yet you hide everything from me." I shot back, miffed by his double-standards.

"Why did I think you were docile?" he joked. "You're fiery little thing, aren't you. I should have realized earlier. Let's go to my room. The conversation needs a little privacy."

"Lucas, Jason and Kat are waiting for me. They have news about the rebels." I stopped him.

"And who is Jason?" he asked.

"The Alpha's son. He's my cousin and best friend."

"They can come here. I'll send word to bring them here. I don't want you out of my sight."

***

"I'll be glad when we get back home. This place is a hazard." Lucas grumbled as he shut the door after a hapless maid.

"She's just a maid." I said.

"And what would a maid be doing at ten in the night?"

I gaped at him, realization dawning on my face. I shrugged and waited for him to answer.

"What are you going to do?"

"The Guardians will have her for now. I'll question her tomorrow." He sat on the bed and pulled me onto his lap. "Get used to it." he said settling me properly. "I have this frustrating need to hold you close."

Needless to say, I blushed a deep shade of red. I wound my arms around his neck to support me.

"What do you want to know?" he asked once I was comfortably settled.

"Everything about the Silver Wolf," I said simply.

"What do you know about your mother?" he asked.

"Nothing much. Just that she was a guardian, a really good one and then she left for my father. A human and you know, she came back with me." I said as I struggled to remember more information about her.

"And in the morning, a guardian called my mother Rossi. But he didn't explain. Oh God, Lucas," I exclaimed. "Your mother was the one who invited me for breakfast this morning. But she didn't mention it at dinner at all."

"Are you sure it was my mother?"

"Yeah. He said the Queen."

"I should have posted guards with you." he said. "How could I have been so stupid?" he berated himself.

"Lucas, why are you angry?" I pulled away to look at him.

"It's getting complicated. God! What a mess." he sighed.

"Lucas." I nudged him to gain his concentration

"Chloe," he breathed. "The king was your mother's true mate." he announced.

______________________________________________________________________________

Please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top, leave a comment on what you thought and don't forget to hit that star.

Nisha XXXOOO