Chapter 7 ~ Ice [Part II]

A/N

So guys, sorry if the chapter have been really bad lately. I have kinda been stressing over assessments, but I still wanted to get the chapters out. So I know they are really bad, but I can't help it at the moment. Also, don't worry. Ice (parts one and two) will tie in to the story later. The may seem irrelevant now, but just you wait.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

~ Eilrachi

"You know mommy," he whispered, voice trembling and eyes glazing over. "I'm really tired..." Napstablook yawned, muscles tensing slightly. His mother held him a little tighter, tears pouring from her eyes. 

"I know you are sweety. But please, stay awake for mommy!" She was practically yelling though her pained expression, crumpled up and red. All thought the underground her voice could be heard, the sound of agony and grief as her only son began to leave her.

"Can - can I please lie here? And not move?" He spoke so softly it was almost inaudible, just a mere breath on the wind.

"Yes." She said, cuddling him tighter, so tight she could feel his ribs bending. "But only if mommy can too." Looking down, she noticed her tears falling onto his skin, rolling off and hitting the floor. Tiny balls of blue and white, shining the light that hung from the ceiling all around them, rays twisting and turning and jumping and dancing. 

"But you can't!" The boy protested, lips curing into a frown. 

"But why not?"

"Because..." he began, gasping a little, like tiny hiccups for his life force. "If you stay here, then how will you find a human to break the barrier?" 

But, I told him already there were no humans in the underground...

"Because, sweety. I wan't to stay with you." Trying to smile, the mother wiped away the stains on her face. 

The air hung still in the room, breath lingering, gently moving. The dark and the light were both present in the atmosphere, silently watching the pair as they clung to hope. A hope that would never come. 

"But mommy..." His lips quivered, breaths hiccuping in short inhalations. The boy knew what was happening now. How could he not? 

Starting with his fingers, the icy cold numbing feeling moved up to his arms. His feet had lost feeling completely, and legs had gone completely limp. 

And as the chills crawled closer to his heart, he muttered two words. 

Two simple words. 

Two words that could break the darkness.

Two words that could break the light.

Two words that could break the Underground itself.

...

...

"you can't"