Chapter 5

It was time for the campfire.  I scanned around for Nico but no luck. I know he doesn't like going to the campfire but I was really hoping he would make an exception for tonight.

The Apollo kids started singing and some campers joined them in singing. Mackenzie, who's right beside me started to join and she looks like she's having fun. I didn't join though. My neck was stretched out, I look like a giraffe. I was trying to find Nico but even his shadows weren't there.

"Tryin' to find Nico?" Mackenzie asked

"Yup." I replied not even bothering to look at her. I scanned my surroundings one more time and let out a sigh. I looked at Mackenzie with a sad expression

"It's just that---It's just that I've been so rude to him this morning and---"

But before I could finish my sentence, I was cut off by a lot of 'wows' from the campers near us. I noticed them backing up and giving way to someone. Mackenzie and I walked to them and saw....

NICO AND LEXI TOGETHER?!

Wait, why am I bothered with this? And so what, they're together; probably another catch up thing. Pffft!

I studied Lexi, her long blonde hair held back by a pink hair band. She was wearing a pink dress with a carnation pink blazer and pink flat ballet shoes. Okay we get the idea she loves pink. But where in Merlin's beard did she got all those clothes. I had no idea. They were approaching my direction and I started to panic. I looked around and the next I knew I was dragging Mackenzie out their way and hid behind a tree. Mackenzie, who was so confused, gave me a weird look.

"Wha--what was that?" she asked but I ignored her. I looked out to see if someone saw us. "What was that for?" she asked.

Honestly, I don't know. It's just, I don't know, I just wanted to stay away from the two. I just don't know. Mackenzie seemed to read my emotions because her expression went from confused to a smirking Mackenzie.

"Oh wait..." she said smiling. "You're jealous aren't you?" she asked smirking

"What? No way, I'm not like that!" I replied angrily

She raised one of her brow. "Oh really?"

"Yeah" I said and nodded even I know I am lying.

"Explain to me what you just did there moments ago" Mackenzie said crossing her arms

"I...uh..." I tried to say something but no words came out my mouth.

"Speechless."

"No I'm not!" I protested and looked at my shoes

"Then say something..." she said looking at her nails "Or will you just admit that you're jealous of Lexi being with Nico tonight"

I looked at Mack; she was waiting for an answer. But if I told her  I was jealous, the next question would be: Do you like Nico? But if she did ask me that question, what would I say? Do I even like him? Yes as best friends but do I like him more than just a best friend? Meaning like 'like' him? I'm afraid the answer would be... Yes. 

"It's just that..." I said trying to find the right words

Mackenzie gestured her hands for me to go on. "Go on..."

I was really struggling to say something but my head was like empty except for the words 'Jealous' and 'Nico'

I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry Mackenzie, I just don't know.. I didn't know what came to me and--"

And then Mackenzie slapped me. It wasn't that hard though, it was kind of a friend's slap? My jaw dropped and I touched my left cheek where she slapped me. I gave her a confused look and she was just there grinning?